Country
    Singapore

LushGro Aqua.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I was just looking through the nutrient contents of LushGro Aqua as i am thinking of getting it for my planted tank. I have also been reading up on the necessary nutrients required by plants and apparently PO4 have always been mentioned. Phosphorus in particular is a nutrient that is not present in LushGro Aqua, so am i right to say that i would have to purchase a seperate PO4 nutrient and use it together with LushGro Aqua? On the other hand, would LushGro Aqua itself be adequate in rich growth of my plants in my tank? Pls advice.

Regards

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: LushGro Aqua.

FertFolks usually dose NO3 and PO4 separately (via KNO3 and KH2PO4 which Dr. Mallick also supplies) to have better control over these two vital macronutrients. LGA provides some N, but because of this, I personally prefer products that have Fe and the micros but without N (e.g TMG or Profito). But plenty of people combine separate ferts + LGA happily. The general guidelines are in Tom Barr's article in the Articles on Dosing section in the Aquatic FAQ, but everybody will eventually find his optimum fert regime. Note that such dosing practices are for high light CO2 aquaria... low light, nonCO2 setups work differently. Search around for recent discussions on these topics...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah, i have read up on Tom's article thats why i just wanna clarify some stuff before i go ahead to get the LGA. I have done a complete check on my water quality with my test kits and all my readings correspond to that of what Tom said is of recommended. However my plants are still not very healthy and i reckon that it could be due to my P because i do not have test kit for P and my NO3 readings are just fine together with the other readings so i am wondering if its my P?

regards

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    If you arer adding lots of KNO3, light, CO2(always check CO2 many time before proceeding) then the PO4 is all that's left.

If you are not adding PO4, add some.
    You are likley out in the tank.

Regards,
    Tom Barr