Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Hurry! Need help with Tropica 1-2-Grow! ( Forget to remove jelly )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada

Hurry! Need help with Tropica 1-2-Grow! ( Forget to remove jelly )

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I bought 1-2-Grow! ( Hemianthus callitrichoides 'Cuba' ) and planted in my tank, but I didn't remove the jelly or gel !!! I thought the jelly or gel is good to the plant so I kept it ....

Because 1-2-Grow!
    is not under water grew so I didn't fill up the water in my tank, I just wet the ADA substrate, I am going to fill up the water and add Co2 in 2 weeks.

What should I do now ?? Replant ?? I really don't know what to do, because I think the jelly is everywhere in the substrate now.

I really need your help , thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hurry! Need help with Tropica 1-2-Grow! ( Forget to remove jelly )

The gel that those plants come in are meant to provide a temporary nutrient-rich medium for the plants to live and feed on while they are stored in the sealed cups.

Although its recommended to wash off the gel before planting, its actually okay to plant them with the gel still attached... though the main issue that you may encounter is mold or fungus attracted to and growing on the attached nutrient gel, which looks unsightly and may spread to the plants.

If you can, remove the existing plants and wash off as much of the remaining attached gel, then replant.

For the gel still in the substrate, just leave it be and let them dissolve into the substrate. Do keep a watch on any mold or fungus growing in those areas, and if they appear, quickly remove them manually.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hurry! Need help with Tropica 1-2-Grow! ( Forget to remove jelly )

Extra nutrients! dont worry, it's not harmful i suppose since the plants grow in it.