Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Any Suggestion on best plan to relocate Plants/Fish from one tank to another?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Any Suggestion on best plan to relocate Plants/Fish from one tank to another?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Guys,

This is my first post here ever since I been member for years!!!

Recently I have bought a new Tank to replace my current one which is 15 years plus old. The new tank is arriving about 1 week later.

My old gravel(Seachem Flourite), Fishes(Tetras/Cories => about 30) and plants are to be moved to new home.
    I also intend to get some rocks, new plants for my new tank.

My current tank is 4 x 2 x 2 and the new one is slightly smaller in the width and the new tank will place at the current spot.

Does anyone has similar experience? I would like to know your plan on doing it previously. I am concern for my fishes as I have to keep them in temporary
    storage box till the tank is mature enough to put them in.

For plants, if I will to buy them now and keep it till the new tank is ready, is it okay?

My first plan is to start clearing my old tank this weekends, clean the old gravel, move the fish and plants to temparory storage box.
    Buy plants/Rock etc and start new tank setup next weekends.

OR

I should wait till the new tank arrive and then start clearing the Old tank?

Any helps or suggestion is very much appreciated!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Any Suggestion on best plan to relocate Plants/Fish from one tank to another?

I just decom my 422 and started a 2 ft tank. I keep the old tank intact while I setup the new tank.

I rec only buying plants when u intend to plant. If you getting Tropica 1-2 grow, I think you can keep in fridge for quite sometime.
    Most importantly is to use back the filter media as this will greatly reduce the cycling duration(mine cycled in 3 days).

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Any Suggestion on best plan to relocate Plants/Fish from one tank to another?

Quote Originally Posted by adidasvintage View Post
    I just decom my 422 and started a 2 ft tank. I keep the old tank intact while I setup the new tank.

I rec only buying plants when u intend to plant. If you getting Tropica 1-2 grow, I think you can keep in fridge for quite sometime.
    Most importantly is to use back the filter media as this will greatly reduce the cycling duration(mine cycled in 3 days).
    Thanks for the infor... I am only getting those normal easy plants as I have no Chiller install..BTW, where you can get the Tropica plant? In C328 can get?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

C328 do have some. I got mine from Fishy Business.