Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Recommendation for a fish tank maker

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    What about N30 cabinets? Made by themselves or CR?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cowputer View Post
    Thanks bro. That's very helpful I will surely go for that "Taurus Grey" to replicate ADA-style cabinet
    Btw, can I side track a little bit. I'm familiar with CO2 and Filter setup for planted tank but not so in lighting equipment because my previous tank comes with built in light.
    Can you advise me:
    1. Do you think LED is strong enough for carpet plants e.g. HC, Glosso. In my previous attempt, my 2 T5 tubes failed to delivery enough light to the bottom carpet and as a result, they keep crawling upwards for light.
    2. If LED light can do the job, do you have any recommendation on the brand, power and price range for the LED light set up for a 3feet tank.

Thanks a bunch.
    There are many LED lights which are strong enough to effectively grow carpet plants in a 3ft tank... its mainly about choosing the right models which are suitable for the tank height and size, and which produce the optimum spectrums for growing plants.

For a 45cm height 3ft tank, you should look at the LED light sets that use individual 3W LEDs for higher intensity performance at depth, like the Odyssea EVO LED 36" or the Odyssea MHX LED 36". If you have a bigger budget, you could also go for the range of MaxSpect Razor LED lights too.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ltsai View Post
    What about N30 cabinets? Made by themselves or CR?
    N30 makes their own cabinets too, they have an in-house carpentry team.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aland Islands

A friend of mine just got a 2ft MaxSpect Razor for about $600. It is costly but have to admit that the money is well spent . My budget is not there yet so let me take a lot at Odyssea. Do you have any recommendation of the shops that have more variety of lights? I stay near Sea View so I will drop by this weekend too but I think they don't have that many choices.
    Many thanks,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You can check at places like East Ocean or SunPets, they have a variety of LED lights in use on their own aquascaped tanks, so you can see the design and light performance of those lights.

For reference, here is a link to various brands and models of LED lights at East Ocean: http://www.eastoceansg.com/led-lamp-...tml?view_all=1
    Last edited by Urban Aquaria; 6th Aug 2014 at 12:00.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Popped by Seaview over lunchtime to get some aquarium supplies... checked out the braceless high-clarity low-iron 3ft crystal glass tanks available:

Yeah, they have stock now retailing at only SGD$145.

I also confirmed with the staff that the tanks are still eligible for the additional in-store 15% discount on equipment too, so it works out to only SGD$123.25... very nice deal, better grab one soon.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aland Islands

Hi bro UA, very nice of you to spend the effort taking the pictures and share with us. That is a steal deal I will drop by to take a look later.
    Btw, will appreciate it very much if you can help illustrating a bit on what is difference between " high-clarity low-iron" and the normal tank? Which one will be more suitable for planted tank?
    Thanks a bunch

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cowputer View Post
    Btw, will appreciate it very much if you can help illustrating a bit on what is difference between " high-clarity low-iron" and the normal tank? Which one will be more suitable for planted tank?
    Thanks a bunch
    Here is a photo showing the difference between normal glass and low-iron/crystal glass (glass shown on top is low-iron, glass shown on bottom is normal glass):

Its quite easy to tell the difference, just look at the edges of the tank's glass against a white background, if you see a deep greenish tint, then that is normal glass... if you see a bluish or clear tint then its low-iron/crystal glass.

Once they are filled with water and placed side-by-side, the difference is even more noticeable, the normal glass tanks will look less clear and the contents will have a noticeable greenish tint, while the low-iron/crystal tanks will look much clearer and the contents will have a more accurate color rendition.

For planted tanks (actually for any tanks for that matter), its always better to get high-clarity low-iron glass tanks, so that all the plants and fishes in the tank can be seen clearly and with accurate colors (not affected by a greenish tint).

The reason why people don't get those tanks is mainly due to cost, low-iron glass tanks usually cost much more than regular glass tanks... though there are exceptions (like in the case of good/special deals on certain tanks).
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aland Islands

Thanks a lot UA. I will shop around this weekend and share with you guys if I spot any steal deals like this. Have a blast Friday guys.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

From the colour of the glass, don't thing is true crystal glass(could be low grade crystal glass, less iron), most time the silicone they use is not so good also. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Popped by Seaview over lunchtime to get some aquarium supplies... checked out the braceless high-clarity low-iron 3ft crystal glass tanks available:

Yeah, they have stock now retailing at only SGD$145.

I also confirmed with the staff that the tanks are still eligible for the additional in-store 15% discount on equipment too, so it works out to only SGD$123.25... very nice deal, better grab one soon.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
    From the colour of the glass, don't thing is true crystal glass(could be low grade crystal glass, less iron), most time the silicone they use is not so good also. IMO
    Its definitely made from high-clarity low-iron glass (i own enough of similar tanks to recognize it... not sure about different grades though), the background and angle that such tanks are viewed at the LFS does influence the visual perception of the glass color, but when comparing with the other normal glass tanks side-by-side, can see a big difference.

Do go and check out these tanks, the silicone workmanship is very neat and clean... even i was surprised at the quality.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore

Good silicone/crystal glass alone is not cheap. Especially the silicone, it has to withstand the pressure act on it, normal use might be ok, when we do scaping with high slope etc... acting pressure on it. Good quality tank seriously don't come cheap. So far commercial tank like CADE is pretty good but they also don't come cheap, their 2ft cost more than the 3ft tank you shown.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Coral Reef. Thumbs up for their tank! durable, affordable. I will give them a rating of 10/10

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

CR is better trust me. experience tank maker that can gives you an affordable price.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Coral Reef. Thumbs up for their tank! durable, affordable. I will give them a rating of 10/10

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

IMG_0416 - 1.jpgMy 3ft CR tank. Super thick glass, the type of wood they used are those for making ships one, very solid and can touch water

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aland Islands

Nice tank bro. Do u mind sharing how much does it cost for your tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My tank with cabinet is $850 I bought 2 years ago. My is a bit expensive is because, my glass I used 10mm, Glue is black silicon, The interior of my cabinet is I got add extra things (Example: the interior top is totally solid wood no open hole, etc My top cover is customized with hindge, etc and many more Overall I am very satisfied with my tank. haha!! As it is one and only type of design by me in the market If I go N30, it will be $1000++

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

By the way, my friend. If you want to buy things like stones, air pump, air stone and other aquarium stuffs let me know. In case I have I can sell you. haha!! All Brand New. PM me at [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Aland Islands

Sure bro. Let me get my tank first then i can see what can i grab from u thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast