Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

shrimps' bioload

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    wanna hear some opinions from those have experiences on shrimp bioload....i know this is a very debatable subject. but really hope to hear yr views.

some have argued that shrimps do not add much bioload to a tank hence have heard that some keep large no. in 2ft tanks together with fishes.

while some on the other hand feel that 1 shrimp equals 1 fish thus should be abt the same ratio.

for a start, i'm doing 30-40 cherry and 10 bee together with 12-13 cardinals in a 33G (2*1.5*1.5) tank.
    regards
    alan

....there is no learning without some difficulty and fumbling. if you want to keep on learning, you must keep on risking failure all your life....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I read from this site www.vectrapoint.com about 50 shrimps for 100 litres and 20 ottos. I was about to introduce more into my tank (mine same size as yours). Presently my tank is balanced no obvious algae outbreak and they are kept at bay. I have about 20 to 30 mixture of yamatos and cherry, 5 ottos. I am planning to add another 10 shrimps and 7 ottos.
    Anyone...any comment? Thanks

jellyman

Does your yamato and cherry shrimps do well together?
    For my case, I never mix these 2 together as yamatos tend to nip at cherry shrimps. I even saw my yamatos eating on my pregnant cherry shrimp!!!
    This case made me think twice about mixing both together

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Take out the cherries, or the yamatos, as fast as possbile.

I too thought there was no risk of them harming each other, since I saw them so many times living peacefully together.

Alas, one night I saw the Yamatos clustered around a cherry that looked as though it had be hunted down for food.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

really, mine ok leh... maybe mine is under PAP rules - racial harmony. heh heh heh...

Jellyman :P

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    This is new to me. I didn't know Yamato will attack cherry shrimps. I have about 8 yamato together with 20 cherries and a good number of malayans and so far so good. Just notice that there are 8 pregnant cherries now. Perhaps feeding is not enough as I do feed my shrimps regularly. Nonetheless, I will be keeping a watchful eye on my precious cherries just to be safe.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

do you mean cherry shrimp can breed in planted tank? I know yamato dun. Please enlighten me