Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Dupla CO2 S Reactor

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I just bought a Dupla CO2 S Reactor without knowing the hose size. Initially, I was told that it was 12/16 not by the lfs. But it turned out that it is 9/12, a size that eheim had discarded long ago.

Does anyone have this CO2 reactor and how is the connection in your tank?

I would appreciate all help as this reactor is not cheap and I can not use it for the time being. I am currently running 2 X 2028. I can consider adding a water pump but not another filter.

Thank you for your kind advice.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    if lfs cannot help you with the connection, go to a shop that deals in pipes and fittings. they should have the neccessary pipe fittings to enable you to connect the reactor to the filter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Pipings can be obtained but the flow rate will be a different outcome.

I am trying to understand from users of this particular reactor on the setting. Like pump used to connection, internal or external usage and how to control the setting.

Have you ever used one of this model before?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Can you post a pic or a link to the product webby so that we can have a look at how it looks like? I'm not too familiar with Dupla product range.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You can look at the products at www.dupla.com web site.

Look for the co2 system.

Does anyone uses this system at all?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm sorry but I can't see a close up view. The only recourse is that you go back to the said lfs that you bought the reaktor and try to ask for assistance.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It's okay. Got help from a hobbyist in the forum.

Nobody has ever heard of this reactor?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I may not be speaking for all of the members here but for me I would choose to get something that is plug and play eg like the external co2 reactor from NA. Not too expensive( Less than $70 2yrs back when I bought it and I have 2 ).

Since you have 2x2028, why not connect your reactor to 1 of them at the output hose? No need to get another pump and save some money too.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Apparently, I was advised by an expert to buy this model and face the wrath of installing it. Regretted but too late.

1 filter to chiller. another to my uv, co2. any additional tube would impair my flow.

temporary for now. will be changing to 2080 soon.

thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like an external reactor. It is suppose to be connected in line with the outlet hose from your filter before the other end of the hose goes into your tank. Alternatively, it can also be configured for internal use with a pump connected just to one end, drawing water in from the other end.

I suggest you mount the reactor upright. Connect the outlet hose of your filter to the top inlet of the reactor with another hose from the bottom outlet of the reactor into the tank. Have a valve between the hose for CO2 allows you to shut when CO2 is due for refill. Flowrate variation due to coupling hose size will not have any ramifications.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You can try www.aquatechnic.com.sg which carries Dupla products.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Update to my quest:

Went to old lfs selling eheim products and managed to gather sufficient number of pipes, rain bars of size 9/12.

Due to the size of the pipe, existing filter flow can not exert sufficient pressure to the 9/12 as most current goes into the 16/22 pipe.

Solution is to get another water pump dedicated for this purpose. This is also the preferred choice as indicated by Alice Gan, who was very helpful with the installation explanation.

Conclusion: Good product but requires additional tools and equipments.

Thanks all.