Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: NA 3.5l CO2 system problem

NA 3.5l CO2 system problem

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys,

Just check with you. Recently got a used NA CO2 3.5l with solenoid.

Just went to NA to exchange a newly filled tank. Tested for any leakage in one day by not using and all seems fine. So thereafter, I connected and start pumping CO2 to tank. Adjusted the valve such that its about 1 bubble per second and CO2 is set to turn on when my lights are switch on as well.

After the 3rd day, the pressure gauge which shows how much CO2 is remaining has greatly reduced and on 4th day, no more CO2 is available. Seems to me its empty.

Is this a problem? How long should 1 bubble per second for about 8 hours every day last for me? Unless I have measured the bubbles wrongly and it has been adjusted to 2 bubbles per second, then how much should this last me?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score

Re: NA 3.5l CO2 system problem

[quote:74724740f3="discusAmatuer"]Guys,

Just check with you. Recently got a used NA CO2 3.5l with solenoid.

Just went to NA to exchange a newly filled tank. Tested for any leakage in one day by not using and all seems fine. So thereafter, I connected and start pumping CO2 to tank. Adjusted the valve such that its about 1 bubble per second and CO2 is set to turn on when my lights are switch on as well.

After the 3rd day, the pressure gauge which shows how much CO2 is remaining has greatly reduced and on 4th day, no more CO2 is available. Seems to me its empty.

Is this a problem? How long should 1 bubble per second for about 8 hours every day last for me? Unless I have measured the bubbles wrongly and it has been adjusted to 2 bubbles per second, then how much should this last me?

Thanks in advance.[/quote:74724740f3]
    You defintely have a leak somewhere. A 3.5L tank at 1bps should last you 9-12 mths. Suggest that you bring it back to NA to have it checked. I had something similar happen and the leak was coming from the solenoid, which Mr. Chan fixed for me.

Thanks scooby,

Will bring it for checks. Whats the problem? Any major cost involve in solving this problem?

Feedback Score
    No, Chan didn't charge me anything for fixing my solenoid, but he gave me a discount for my top up