Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How much water to change?

Feedback Score

How much water to change?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Need help! Need to know how much water can we change before cosing stress to fish and plant. Or i can simply change the whole 4feet tank's water? Reason to change = NO3 <40mg/l. If i can change the water to around NO3 10-15 mg/l, will that mean that Fe and the other micro nutrient will be way below optimum? i m using LG-AQUA, it contian N, does that also means that i cant use it to dose to get micro up after the water change?

4 feet tank
    6x36w pl
    all parameter ok cept NO3
    pressured CO2
    medium planted
    fish load 10 rasbora ,15 neons, 6 yamato, 4 SAE

Not the tank in my link, new 4 feet tank.
    ==================================
    GOAL WITHOUT TIME LIMIT IS ONLY A DREAM.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Errrhh how old is this setup anyway.....I would think that changing 100% of the water is not a good idea.....even 50% at one go is not advisable.....it may be a better idea to change, perhaps 30% of the water every 2 to 3 days.

At the meantime it may be good to stop all fertilisation, and you need to find the root cause of your high NO3 as it seems that your bioload is not that high.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Thanks David.

The tank is 1 year old. 3 weeks ago, pulled out all the plant , fill with water and let it sit for 1 week before planting. Come to that, i suspect its the ramnant roots rooting that causes the high NO3(just thot of this when changing water last nite). Any way, i changed 40% of the water over the course of 5 hour. hope it did minimum stress to living thing inside(better then dying). This morning wake up, fishes seems ok, NO3 is around 10<15mg/l. Hope it wont go up.

Any one got experince with ramnant root rooting that couses high NO3? How u go about balancing it? thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Test kits tend to be inaccurate. Eg. When I used a new Sera NO3 test, it gave me higher NO3 reading than an old kit.

If there's no algae problem so far, just keep monitoring and maintin your fertilisation. Lushgro-Aqua has NO3 but it is not significantly high unless you dose a lot.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Hi juggler,

Bingo! sera NO3 test kit! the 1 i m using. But could it be my tap water? tested to be 10mg/l. Maybe buy other brand to test. No algae at the moment, some algae on the glass but dont seems to be growing. They r my indication for water nutrient