Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

External Reactor Connection

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    On Sunday while doing regular water change, I tried the Tom Barr method of using a power head to drive my CO2 reactor instead of connecting it to my canister filter.

However, I connected the outlet of CO2 reactor and outlet of canister filter to a T-joint which leads to one outlet connected to two rainbars in the tank.

Noticed the water churning the CO2 reactor was slower than previous attachment to canister filter. When I adjusted the outlet flow rate of canister filter, the water churning in reactor increases. So I decided to lower outlet flow rate the canister filter for a higher churn rate in reactor.
    There is a second filter running in the tank as well.

I have 6 discuses in the tank with 30 cardinals. I feed once a day. And I started to notice the water becoming cloudy and suspecting green water setting in. I have turned on my uv sterilzer to clear this up.

1) Will lowering the outlet flow rate reduce the intake rate for the canister filter?

2) Should I separate the outlet connection for reactor and canister from the t-joint so that they have individual outlet into the tank?

Advise appreciated. Thanks

Leroy

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    By distributing the outlet 2 ways, it will defintely not be stronger than before. Think Tom has his reasons for using a powerhead to drive the reactor alone.

if you lower the output of the filter, the intake will be reduced as well

what was the problem before, that requires you to remove your reactor from the outlet into a 2 way joint?