Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help~Something with my plant

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My grass like plant looks like it's dying. It's only the 3rd day. It was pearling yesterday. Now I notice the leaves turn black.. one of them turn red.

What is going? Can seniors here please advice? Is it algae or the leaves are dying. Should I cut the rotten leaves so that the plant will be healthy?

photo(11).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    photo(9).jpg

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help~Something with my plant

The leaves turning black are basically melting... its probably shedding the leaves due to the transition process in the new tank environment, you can manually trim off those melting leaves. If conditions are good, new healthy adapted leaves should grow out to replace the old leaves.

Is it a Vallisneria plant? Reddish tinted leaves in such plants is "supposedly" a sign of high light exposure combined with low nitrogen levels, sort of like a stress coloration... some people actually try to achieve that look in their plants.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Okay I will do that. Do you trim from near the roots or just the melted part.

Honestly, I dont know what plant is that. It looks great and I just bought it. Will ask the LFS the next time I visit them.

Yeah I like it red too just that I was worried it's dying just now. Haha

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

For these types of plants, you have to trim at the base of the leaf... if you trim just halfway, it will not regenerate the cut leaf, the rest of it will still melt anyways.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Apart from transition, it may also due to excel dosage

Did you dose excel? Vallisneria is sensitive to excel. Have to skip excel if you keeping vallisneria.

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol