Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Global warming

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    As we are pumping CO2 into our tanks, for sure there will be certain amount of the gas not being absorbed by the plants and escaped into the atmosphere at the water surface. This happens throughout the years not to mention that some of us are running our CO2 system 24 hours a day (without a timer controlled soleniod).

My question is: How significant are planted tank hobbists contribute to global warming situation by pumping more CO2 into our atmosphere?

Has anyone thought about that before? Is planted tank hobby "green"?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't worry! Global warming is just one of those myths propagated by wimpy, whiny liberal tree-huggers who envy those who have the mullah to buy Hummers and the guts to chop down every freaking tree and shoot every dastardly beast.

Read the experts' view!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Heehee, i personally feel that global warming is a real issue to be dealt with...however, that is not the real subject of this thread and discussing this between people with different opinions usually leads to long lenghty write-ups as is the case with many scientific discussions. But as for the CO2 that we are using for the tanks, i feel that it is okay..because its not really JUST CO2 that contributes to global warming...besides i don't think we are really PRODUCING the CO2 intentionally to sell are we?? i haven't checked this up..lol....even so if you think about it....there are A LOT more things that produce more CO2 than your planted tank...take breathing for example..lol....or a forest...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup global warming contributed by CO2 is an issue but the amount of CO2 because of all planted tanks around the world pales so badly against gobal car population and the burning of forests by our neighbouring countries.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...