Country
    Singapore

Hello AQ

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi to everyone,

My name is Alan and I get to know AQ a long time ago.
    I think it can be update to 10 years ago. The only friend I that I can remember from AQ was Simon.
    My apologies as it was a long time ago and I am not able to recall some of you who is still active in AQ.

I love fish keeping since young.
    I remember that I always begged my mother to buy buy me packets of goldfishes when she brings me to the market on Sunday.
    There used to be a small fish shop in Bedok North Blk 85 Market and the auntie always packet fishes and lay them on the floor to sell on Sunday morning.

After I started working, (about 18years ago), I started on fish keeping again.
    I was into red arowanas for about 4-5 years and stop again due to too many big tanks at home.
    Main reason was that I sold off my best adult red and think I should take a break.

I do have a few planted tanks here and there with the above 4-5 years.
    I went to a complete stop on fish keeping when I started to keep dogs (Miniature Schnauzers).
    I showed my dogs locally and I am very fortunate to complete my dogs' championship titles.
    With help from a good team of friends (breeder groomer, breeder handler, breeder advisors & mentors).
    I retired from dog shows after showing competitively for about 5 years in Singapore.
    I had some great achievements in these good 5 years.

After retiring from dog shows, I was enjoying life with these great little dogs.

Years passed and somehow the little "calling" on fish keeping came around recently and... well, with the dogs at home and I decided to keep everything within a limit.
    I decided to have 2 x 60cm planted tank and was influence by a colleague who was into apistogramma & planted.

Currently, I have setup with a ADA 60p with simple scaping (hairgrass, HM and spilky moss). I also have setup a 45cm tank with moss with stem plants.
    I have a pair of apistogramma trifasciata & apistogramma agassizii, both from GC.

The pair of apistogramma trifasciata recently gave some babies on 9th Aug 2014 (Singapore National Day).
    This is the 1st time that I am experiencing this and with appropriate advises, the babies survive and I have moved them (20 fries) into their grow up tank.

Hope to share some photo of these apsito with you if I get hold of some better quality photo from my phone.

Cheers and thanks for reading my introduction.
    Alan Koh

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hello AQ

Welcome back to aq.... show us some pictures soon.....

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome back to AQ, Why don't you contact Simon, you might get your old login ID back and can't wait to see your tank photos
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you.
    Shall not trouble him for a small thing. No issue with starting a new ID.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome back to AQ. Its no problem as long as you can provide some clues like previous email address, etc. In fact, I did a quick search and may have found it for you. I'll PM/email you.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your kindness to do the search for my old account. I have replied you via email.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome back to AQ!
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore