Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corydoras Julii or Trilineatus, C. Matae or something else?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Corydoras Julii or Trilineatus, C. Matae or something else?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, was at lorong harus this morning. in lot 35c, saw some corydoras.

i thought i saw 6 c. julii, but also look like trilineatus.

in the same tank, saw some matae, but a couple looked abit different.

anyone in that area and saw them lately? which ones are they?

(looking to get more corydoras when my 2ft occupants migrate to the new 3ft, lah!)

tks![]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the one that looks a lot like metae is melini
    the stripe running along the back splits into 2
    looks a lot nicer imo

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    dea.. where do u usually get your cories? heard from simon that u buy abt 5-10 each time.. most cories i found at lfs are leopard, panda, albino and the normal ones.. occasionally i get to see sterbai at Ben (TB)... perhaps u can direct me to a place where i can see different species and get them for my tank..

btw, why is 6 a good number for cories? (simon told me to ask u when i asked him that this morning)
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    'luk' sounds auspicious in cantonese....[]
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kelvin, u forgotten to add that if yimin like that particular species, he can buy the whole lot.. regardless of the numbers

----------------
    On 3/23/2002 9:58:23 PM

hi, was at lorong harus this morning. in lot 35c, saw some corydoras.

i thought i saw 6 c. julii, but also look like trilineatus.

in the same tank, saw some matae, but a couple looked abit different.

anyone in that area and saw them lately? which ones are they?

(looking to get more corydoras when my 2ft occupants migrate to the new 3ft, lah!)

tks![]
    ----------------
    Julii has spots on its head, trilineatus has worm like patterns on its head instead.

DEA, are u Yimin with the devastating Paul and Kazuya? I thought I see your name keep popping up in many forums!

As Above, So Below...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yah, but those in the tank abit hard to see...
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    6 is not a magic number
    more is better
    just that i find that if there're less than 5~6 of them, they look very bored
    most of the time i find my cories swimming along in the same groups
    i buy them from all over the place
    tiong bahru is always good
    gan is good too
    the rest of the lfses you have to try your luck
    they're not always available

gunjack
    i only go to a few forums, and none tekken related
    i dunno where you see my nick tho

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    do different species congregate? coz my single piece of albino and panda dun seem to associate themselves with my leopard cories..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Kelstorm, try buying more lah. The more the merrier mah![]

B.F.G
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    BFG, me dun mind getting more.. but need to feed myself first.. hahaha.. sterbai cost ard $5-6 and other species might cost more.. anyway.. get more.. more of different species like 4 sterbais etc or more of what i already have.. eg, leopard or panda or albino.. reason for not getting more pandas, coz of the reviews that i get here.. that the current batches are not very healthy.. sigh..but they are cute.. hehehe

err.. DEA, when the cories swim up and down the tank gliding along the glass in pairs or groups, are they playing?? very interesting to look leh.. hehe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kelstorm, don't look too much. last time i did that one morning, i was late for work!!! []

yah, it's better to get like 6 of each species if you can. they tend to prefer their own company, somehow.

sterbai only cost something like $2.50 from tiongbahru, right? i intend to get some, once my new tank is stable. not sure whether to get 10 or 6...[]

Maybe I've mistaken another DEA(hardwarezone forum/tekken zaibatsu) nick for u. You do play tekken at bugis, don't u? Anyway, nice to meet all of u.
    I bought my Sterbais for $3, and they are one of the most beautiful affordable corys in my opinion, especially after they stabilise at home.
    My trilineatus just spawned today... i have only 3 of them in my discus tank... How to sucessfully breed them? I think all the eggs get eaten after they spawn, or maybe not fertilised and thus rot...
    As Above, So Below...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    coryfav...$2.50 at tiong bahru?? sigh.. was there on sat.. but never asked the price coz me thought that the price was ard $5.. sigh.. ok.. me might go down next time.. hehe.. perhaps get ard 4 of them.. btw, Tiong bahru, Ben?

when u stay? if u go to TB, perhaps u can help me to check.. and if we stay near, perhaps u can help me to buy then i pay u when i meet u.. hehehe[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    they should be playing
    when there're so few of them they don't tend to be so happy

i'm a regular at hwz gameaxis pc tavern
    but i never go to tz because it's full of idiots (present company execpted)

I don't post at tz anymore, coz I sort of lost interest in tekken nowadays... Anyway, I find it strange that u have such strong words for the ppl there.
    As Above, So Below...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i dunno about you
    but hormonal adolescents hiding behind their keyboards posting flames doesn't do it for me
    too many conflicts, too little interest

True... Even though I don't post there anymore, I do go to the strategy section only to check out new stuff now and then... Lotsa flaming, but its ok if u search and can see through the junk.

Anyway, how long does it take for fertilised cory eggs to hatch? Just curious...
    As Above, So Below...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i have no idea, actually
    i crushed a lot of mine by accident, and the rest got eaten by my discus
    are yours fertilised? if they are, i suggest you remove them carefully
    literature suggests using a razorblade to separate them from the glass wall
    if your discus are wild discus i can confirm + guarantee they will be eaten
    i think man bred discus will finish them off too

are you prepared to raise the fry, should they manage to hatch? as in mentally as well as physically (<- refers to tanks, fry food etc)

Thanks for your reply. I didn't try to save the eggs coz it was too troublesome at that time. I was just curious whether it is easy to raise them or not the next time they spawn again. Thanks.
    As Above, So Below...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast