Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Juwel Tank + a Custom Made Cabinet

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I love the 4 ft Juwel tank (model Rio 300) but am not comfortable with the cabinet as it is made of compressed chipboard. Has any one here tried a Juwel Tank + a Custom Made Cabinet combination ? Appreciate all feedback as I am about to place order and would like to know if this is practical .

Thanks !!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Errrh not familiar with Jewel.......its a 4ft x ? x ?
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Juwel Tank + a Custom Made Cabinet

[quote:b8207ef71e="chinsm"]I love the 4 ft Juwel tank (model Rio 300) but am not comfortable with the cabinet as it is made of compressed chipboard. Has any one here tried a Juwel Tank + a Custom Made Cabinet combination?[/quote:b8207ef71e]

You are right about the cabinet being made of compressed chipboard. Effort must be made to keep it dry before water weakens the structure.

The Juwel tank can be purchased without the cabinet, albeit at a miserable discount (to discourage you from doing so). Putting the tank on any other custom cabinate is not a problem. Just make sure it made with good material and structurally it can support the weight.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Benny if that is the case, than it may not be worth it......the last time I asked for a quotation on a cabinet without tank, its like 600 to 800 bucks to hold a 4x2x1.5
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

[/quote]

The Juwel tank can be purchased without the cabinet, albeit at a miserable discount (to discourage you from doing so). Putting the tank on any other custom cabinate is not a problem. Just make sure it made with good material and structurally it can support the weight.

Cheers,[/quote]

The tank alone is selling for $360 before discount and I assume it comes with internal filter and 1 pair of lights as well. I think this is a fair price. The cabinet is the one that is crazily priced as its over $900 for a chipboard cabinet.

I've read thru some other sites and I've seen solid chengai wood cabinets selling for below $500. If this works, then it will be ideal for me.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    solid chengai wood cabinets selling below 500 bucks?.......let me know where can or not.....
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:c9fea01be6="David"]Errrh not familiar with Jewel.......its a 4ft x ? x ?[/quote:c9fea01be6]

Its a 121 cm x width 51 x height 62 cm tank with 1 pair of lights and 1 internal filter.

http://www.juwel-aquarium.com/int/index.html - Rio 300 model

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:2a8819eb03="David"]solid chengai wood cabinets selling below 500 bucks?.......let me know where can or not..... [/quote:2a8819eb03]

You can see some sample prices at the www.arofanatics.com site. Sample of prices : The prices here are for kapok wood

) Cabinet for tank with base 4'x2' $480 (cabinet height:31"+3")
    b) Cabinet for tank with base 5'x2' $560 (cabinet height:31"+3")
    c) Cabinet for tank with base 5'x2.5' $650 (cabinet height:31"+3")

All cabinets pricing are inclusive of delivery and come with top hood, solid ply finishing, water resistance beam Kapour wood of 3"x2" cross section and choice of finishing including lamination

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey...the tank and cabinet is quite nice......perhaps you could reinforce the vertical pieces of wood?
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:2ff03f92="David"]Hey...the tank and cabinet is quite nice......perhaps you could reinforce the vertical pieces of wood?[/quote:2ff03f92]

Wife dosen't like the hollow middle section of cabinet. Feels it will only collect "rubbish" whilst I'm more concerned about the strength of chipboard cabinets.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sooo are you going for the wood thingy.....the prices looks good on paper but how is the design?

Perhaps the hollow section can be covered?......I think the verticals can be reinforced.
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:8fca5e1ea7="David"]Sooo are you going for the wood thingy.....the prices looks good on paper but how is the design?

Perhaps the hollow section can be covered?......I think the verticals can be reinforced.[/quote:8fca5e1ea7]

Will probably go for the same basic Juwel design but with center door. Probably not worth reinfocing as the prices for the cabinet are already high. Thanks for your suggestions !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

[quote:7fadb89147="chinsm"]I love the 4 ft Juwel tank (model Rio 300) but am not comfortable with the cabinet as it is made of compressed chipboard. Has any one here tried a Juwel Tank + a Custom Made Cabinet combination ? Appreciate all feedback as I am about to place order and would like to know if this is practical .

Thanks !!![/quote:7fadb89147]

I am not sure of your tank is the same as Mike's. See this thread concerning the length of light tubes provided in the Juwel tank.
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/phpbb...ic.php?t=20479
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks