Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Altums snacking on erect moss??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,any of you have this problem where ya altum angels keep eating ya erect moss or other types of moss??I keep my angels well fed but they juz love breaking the moss of my driftwood and eating it..any advice??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Altums snacking on erect moss??

[quote:84b2cca950="t3r"]Hi guys,any of you have this problem where ya altum angels keep eating ya erect moss or other types of moss??I keep my angels well fed but they juz love breaking the moss of my driftwood and eating it..any advice??[/quote:84b2cca950]

you sure they just plucking the moss and not munching on something else? (shrimp?), my ex- wild discus used pluck my foreground out for fun

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

[quote:39cc672a2c="Simon"][quote:39cc672a2c="t3r"]Hi guys,any of you have this problem where ya altum angels keep eating ya erect moss or other types of moss??I keep my angels well fed but they juz love breaking the moss of my driftwood and eating it..any advice??[/quote:39cc672a2c]

you sure they just plucking the moss and not munching on something else? (shrimp?), my ex- wild discus used pluck my foreground out for fun[/quote:39cc672a2c]
    I'm positive,I stood at the tank to observe many times,at 1st I also thought it was for fun but then they chewed on the moss and never spit it out.Think i got a bunch of vege altums...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

[quote:26529e129a="t3r"][quote:26529e129a="Simon"][quote:26529e129a="t3r"]Hi guys,any of you have this problem where ya altum angels keep eating ya erect moss or other types of moss??I keep my angels well fed but they juz love breaking the moss of my driftwood and eating it..any advice??[/quote:26529e129a]

you sure they just plucking the moss and not munching on something else? (shrimp?), my ex- wild discus used pluck my foreground out for fun[/quote:26529e129a]
    I'm positive,I stood at the tank to observe many times,at 1st I also thought it was for fun but then they chewed on the moss and never spit it out.Think i got a bunch of vege altums...[/quote:26529e129a]

do they often do that? or just at that moment?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi simon,they do it most of the time everyday...they will get into their predator mode,hover ard the moss and juz wack it...then eat the moss.Dunno why the moss so appealing to them..other plants in the tank are not disturbed

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Altums snacking on erect moss??

simmon, you altums infant or adult?? if the former, maybe they are playful or something in the moss they are feeding on.. (like some small critters you cant see)

Altums are strange critters.. My adult altums finished 50 cardinals in a week and left one lone surviving cardinal for a year. (i didn't know they would attack cardinals) But i have seen altums and cardinals living in harmony.

For a good 2 weeks, my altums chewed on hairgrass when i started planting them. But this does not happen after the hairgrass is matured.

maybe feed your altums adequately so that they will not disturb the moss.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

[quote:08a96809e9="kelloggs"]simmon, you altums infant or adult?? if the former, maybe they are playful or something in the moss they are feeding on.. (like some small critters you cant see)

Altums are strange critters.. My adult altums finished 50 cardinals in a week and left one lone surviving cardinal for a year. (i didn't know they would attack cardinals) But i have seen altums and cardinals living in harmony.

For a good 2 weeks, my altums chewed on hairgrass when i started planting them. But this does not happen after the hairgrass is matured.

maybe feed your altums adequately so that they will not disturb the moss.[/quote:08a96809e9]

kellog,

How big were your cardinals? it so awful that altums ate up your cardinals!