Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 203

Thread: 3Ft Mound scape

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    116
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Hi, all your tank are great you must have a great time enjoying watching it at home I like the last tank may I know where you purchase the black plastic grid and how much. Amazing that you actually use garden horti soil with sand on top do you add any fertilizer or roots tab below will the water be dirty any advise thank.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    199
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Quote Originally Posted by Thieverycorp View Post
    Hi Xiaozhuang, your tanks are truly amazing. My tank has ludwigia sp. guinea, AR mini and a couple green stem plants. I dose Lushgro aqua, Lushgro micros and Kh2Po4. I dose lean daily instead of weekly. Do you think i shd add fe separately because my reds is nowhere near yours. Thx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably due to light spectrum (use red/blue heavy bulbs instead) and other things such as temperature, don't think it is because of the lack of Fe...

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    199
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Quote Originally Posted by tarzanboy View Post
    Hi, all your tank are great you must have a great time enjoying watching it at home I like the last tank may I know where you purchase the black plastic grid and how much. Amazing that you actually use garden horti soil with sand on top do you add any fertilizer or roots tab below will the water be dirty any advise thank.
    The black plastic grid is bought from Far east flora at thomson road; other garden nurseries also sell similar stuff. I do use root tabs (osmocote) in my substrates.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    199
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Haven't posted here in some time it seems. Working on a new small 9 gallon tank



    Top view



    Some of the hardscape work:

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    201
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Your tanks are amazing!

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    161
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Really clean tank.. amazing growth.. how do you tackle Bba?

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Telok Blangah, SGP
    Posts
    10,204
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    78
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Nice
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    45
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Impressive!

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,542
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Sorry Dennis, didn't know that xiaozhuang was your ID both on this forum and on planted tanks.

    Thank you for making several insightful videos on youtube. I've learnt alot of new stuff from them. Appreciate the contributions.


  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,727
    Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape


  11. #191
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    426
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Impressive scape! Thanks for sharing the video! ������

  12. #192

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    wow din realise this thread is 3 years old

    glad that your hobby as well as tank is still growing strong


  13. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    moomooland in sg
    Posts
    362
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    12
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Awesome scape and super healthy plants! This thread has ever fail to amaze me over and over again! Got a question regarding densely packed stem plants. How are your bottom halves of your densely packed stem plants doing? It seems that yours are doing just fine. Mine are always rotting away at the bottom halves... and when that happened, I have to re-do my tank. I'm always wondering is it due to nutrient deficiency in the water column or due to the lack of light reaching the bottom halves?

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,542
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Quote Originally Posted by blackBRUSHalgae View Post
    Awesome scape and super healthy plants! This thread has ever fail to amaze me over and over again! Got a question regarding densely packed stem plants. How are your bottom halves of your densely packed stem plants doing? It seems that yours are doing just fine. Mine are always rotting away at the bottom halves... and when that happened, I have to re-do my tank. I'm always wondering is it due to nutrient deficiency in the water column or due to the lack of light reaching the bottom halves?
    Dennis has a youtube vid on this. Basically, you start "moulding" the stems plants to the shape that you want (may take a few months, depending on how fast your plants grow), of which we usually take photos and trimm and replant the tops. The scape don't last "forever" and you will need to restart.



    If you go to east ocean, Ryan also has a 2FT tank near the entrance with Rotala H'ra Vietnam. If you look at them closely, you will noticed that the lower stems are all blackish green and they have shed their leaves, but they do not rot and die. I've kept H'ra, indica and roundifolio and seems rotala does not rot away like most other plants (ludwigia SP red as an example). They still have a strong root system.
    Last edited by torque6; 24th Oct 2017 at 09:24.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    moomooland in sg
    Posts
    362
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    12
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Dennis has a youtube vid on this. Basically, you start "moulding" the stems plants to the shape that you want (may take a few months, depending on how fast your plants grow), of which we usually take photos and trimm and replant the tops. The scape don't last "forever" and you will need to restart.




    If you go to east ocean, Ryan also has a 2FT tank near the entrance with Rotala H'ra Vietnam. If you look at them closely, you will noticed that the lower stems are all blackish green and they have shed their leaves, but they do not rot and die. I've kept H'ra, indica and roundifolio and seems rotala does not rot away like most other plants (ludwigia SP red as an example). They still have a strong root system.

    Thanks for the link! great video and very insightful! Yes they do turn blackish and looks "bad". Ny worst case was hemianthus micranthemoides, basically the bottom were totally melted away, but on the front you could only see a very healthy dense bunch hahaha... held together by interlocking each other...

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    199
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    It also depends on how dense you plant it - the bottoms/start planting should give space to each plant; for rotala rotundifolia, the spacing between each stem should be at least 1 cm, if not half an inch. Rotala rotundifolia can take many trimming cycles; i.e. I usually only replant them once every 6 months or so. A lot also depends on growth conditions; CO2/light/nutrients. If conditions are not optimal, plants will sacrifice their lower leafs for top growth more quickly, repurposing mobile nutrient from old growth for new growth.


    Been moving the Brownie ghost buceps between a few tanks. It seems that while Buceps seem to favor slightly harder water, having very low alkalinity (<2dkh) & acidic pH is alright as long as potassium, CO2 levels are kept up. Moving this batch from a 9dKH tank to a 1dKH tank didn't induce melting


    Been growing out proserpinaca palustris as well, haven't kept this in some time



  17. #197
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    199
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Also, propagated the red erio, Eriocaulon quinguangular, quite a bit over the year. They grow at good speed with rich substrate


  18. #198
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    161
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    What lights are you using for these? The reds are amazing..!
    i also see some UG growing nicely, any secrets to grow UG?

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,542
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaozhuang View Post
    Also, propagated the red erio, Eriocaulon quinguangular, quite a bit over the year. They grow at good speed with rich substrate
    Lots of tanks. This one isn't 3 FT right?

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    199
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 3Ft Mound scape

    Quote Originally Posted by aquanick View Post
    What lights are you using for these? The reds are amazing..!
    i also see some UG growing nicely, any secrets to grow UG?
    This "farm tank" is under T5s; with a mix of Gieseman and dennerle T5 tubes ( available at FB, and AA)
    It's mainly the tissue culture UG that give people issues, cos it's more sensitive than usual. One way is to buy matured patch from shop/hobbyist. UG is generally sensitive to ammonia and uncycled tanks, so never plant it in a fresh setup, especially fresh aquasoil. After the cycling period, it works like any other plant. It grows quite aggressively though, and will tangle around hardscape, mosses, etc... it doesn't require a substrate to grow. For converting new plants, maybe easier to grow it floating / on wire mesh before attaching it to substrate.

    Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    Lots of tanks. This one isn't 3 FT right?
    Heh, this is a 3ft tank. Probably gonna be my main farm tank while I aquascape the others

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •