Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

solenoid

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i went down to c328 just now..i saw the jbl solenoid regulator but at the same time i saw this brand (the box is exactly the same even the words except the brand) the owner told me that jbl is frm germany and the other is from china...price difference is ard 40 dollars...anyone care to explain the difference or its reliability

thx

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The word "China" just makes me feel uneasy. Too many products are being processed in China nowadays.

I'd go for the JBJ one. Of course, if the China one is rated to be good, then go for it. $40 is quite a sum of money.

Germany products are damn good. Just look at Bioplast, Rena, Ehiem all that.

Hope I don't sound too damn biased

:P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah i understand but nowadays products frm china are quiet reliable and not like the products we used to know..for example the champion heart pacemeker, asia's leading pacemaker is made in china..hehe...

anyway anyone who had bought this jbj product made in china..any reviews...

the jbj one frm na costs 120 , the china one i saw which is exactly like jbj cost 80 from the shop next door..

any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    what i heard is JBJ is made in taiwan (not germany nor china). the non-JBJ one is made in taiwan too. actually they are from same taiwan factory. that's why they look same and even boxes are same

ok the difference is, the JBJ brand MAY use higher quality components while the non-JBJ one use normal quality components. also JBJ has 6 months factory warranty and non-JBJ has 1 month warranty. for me they just look exactly same except different branding.

for me, i will go for real german ones like dupla/den etc if i want quality. if not, i will just pick the non-JBJ one as i can not find real difference from JBJ.

Feedback Score
    hi flying fish... i am sorry to hijack your thread... but i got a question that is very relevant to this thread, so din wana start a new one lah...

well, folks, please help me out here... i am very confused between a 2 gauge and 1 gauge co2 regulator... i have a one gauge one, but i am thinking of getting the 2-gauge regulator with a solenoid (cos me need to use timer)... but other than that, could some one please advise me what other benifits that the 2-gauge regulator has got? And, i understand from the above posts that its better to buy the JBJ brand, yes?

thanks ppl...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi there..its ok...ive been doing readings too regarding the solenoid and presurrised co2..this is what i think and pls correct me if im wrong. the manual regulator does not make use of a switch (solenoid) to regulate its co2 flow..its basically manual that means that it wont be constant at times. also turning the knob on the manual regulator may accidentally give a burst of co2 poisoning which will kill ur fishes.. as for solanoid it is electrically regulated..that means its uses signals and thus its outflow of co2 will me more or less accurate and constant.. as for the gauges..its not really important tho..it just informs u the pressure aka the quantity in the tank. the solenoid usually comes with 2 gauges because it uses needle knob whic steps down the pressure gauge to give a more accurate co2 flow..that is all..it is very recommended that u get the solenoid one although manual regulator is very tempting.. in a long run it would not do good.. so if u think its worth the investment get solenoid regulator..
    hope this helps

Feedback Score

Re:

no...i think it's the name of manual and solenoid are very misleading. here is my understanding:

the solenoid is just a electronic on/off switch. has nothing to do with regulation. the solenoid contributes to the consistent gas output because you only need to adjust the needle valve once. after that it's simple on and off. without solenoid, for the manual regulator, you have to use needle valve to on and off therefore every time you need to tune and adjust.

the regulation, either for so called manual regulator or so called solenoid regulator, is mechanical. no electronics controlled.

the so called solenoid regulator is more accurate because it has double meter. the double meters thing has nothing to do with solenoid. but it steps down the tank gas pressure from 1000psi to around 30psi. when you turn the needle valve, the gas you are controlling is much lower pressure (around 30 psi). therefore it's much easier to tune thus accurate.

for the so called manual regulator, it does not have the pressure step down. when you turn the needle valve, you are controlling the high pressure gas. therefore very hard to get accurate result.

in principle, the manual regulator can also have the double meter pressue step down thing for easier tune. but in the market, the double meter thing always coupled with solenoid. you cant or are very hard to find a single meter with solenoid, or double meter without solenoid.

[quote:2738d004bd="FlyingFish"]hi there..its ok...ive been doing readings too regarding the solenoid and presurrised co2..this is what i think and pls correct me if im wrong. the manual regulator does not make use of a switch (solenoid) to regulate its co2 flow..its basically manual that means that it wont be constant at times. also turning the knob on the manual regulator may accidentally give a burst of co2 poisoning which will kill ur fishes.. as for solanoid it is electrically regulated..that means its uses signals and thus its outflow of co2 will me more or less accurate and constant.. as for the gauges..its not really important tho..it just informs u the pressure aka the quantity in the tank. the solenoid usually comes with 2 gauges because it uses needle knob whic steps down the pressure gauge to give a more accurate co2 flow..that is all..it is very recommended that u get the solenoid one although manual regulator is very tempting.. in a long run it would not do good.. so if u think its worth the investment get solenoid regulator..
    hope this helps[/quote:2738d004bd]

Feedback Score
    thanks guys.... thus, from what i gather, it is truly worth the upgrade from a manual to a double-gauge-solenoid regulator lah?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    solenoid - electrical on/off valve to start/stop co2 injection. controlled by a timer.
    needle valve - to control co2 flow rate.
    manual regulator - nothing more than a on/off valve and usually comes with a single gauge.
    regulator - regulates co2 output pressure and usually comes with 2 gauges. some allows the control of output pressure.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:ab65c53a="logan"]thanks guys.... thus, from what i gather, it is truly worth the upgrade from a manual to a double-gauge-solenoid regulator lah?[/quote:ab65c53a]

Hell yes.

Get this: (copyright JBJ )

This is the standard for most people. [/img]

Feedback Score
    is this the $120 regulator? or more ex? if more ex, then....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It's the $120 one, at least I bought it at that price. I don't know if the price has changed though, it was a few months ago.

The set comes without the bubble counter though.

Feedback Score
    ahh....i see i see... thanks