Country
    Singapore

consistent c02

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi

how to achieve consistent c02 level during photosythesis period??

currently i am using external reactor (aqua balls type) to inject c02. i only turn on the c02 during lighting period from 1300 to 2300. notice that towards the end of the lighting periodf, the reactor got a lot of undisolved c02 on top. right now the reactor tube and the cripus nearby got bba.

understand that consistent c02 helps to eliminate bba and my c02 is measured as kh3, ph 6.5.

cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [quote:935423944d="aqua"]how to achieve consistent c02 level during photosythesis period??[/quote:935423944d]

Measure it at various points of the day..add more or slight excess if needed.

[quote:935423944d="aqua"]currently i am using external reactor (aqua balls type) to inject c02. i only turn on the c02 during lighting period from 1300 to 2300. notice that towards the end of the lighting periodf, the reactor got a lot of undisolved c02 on top. right now the reactor tube and the cripus nearby got bba.[/quote:935423944d]

Some buildup is normal in the reactor towards the end of the day..not a big issue here. Consider getting an individual powerhead to drive the reactor so as to get more consistent amount of flow (using canister filter flow is often inconsistent as they are design to clog) and more flow through it. Place the reactor such that it is near the outflow of the filter outlet to mix the CO2 enriched water throughout the tank.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi

i got and idea. is it advisable to split the c02 outlets and connect one with the internal reactor, the other one to the diffuser? if i can place both one each side of the tank, will the c02 get more evenly diffused??

cheers

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Having two CO2 outlets are definitely going to increase the efficiency by one fold.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i was actually thinking of attaching the CO2 tube into the inlet valve of canister filter. Then let the impeller within the eheim canister filter break up the CO2 bubbles and distribute the the bubbles via rainbar.

any comments on this?

thanks
    leroy