Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: anyone using red sea KH test kit?

Feedback Score

anyone using red sea KH test kit?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i tried it just now but found it has problem. it counts KH degree by drops. the first drop should turn the liquid to blue which is the start color. but mine does not at all. the liquid is just transparent colorless. then i continue to add about 15 drops but still not reaching yellow which is the end color. anyway i dun think my KH is 15. seems the test kit is not working.

anyone is using it?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Try adding some baking soda (sodium bicarbonate..not baking powder) to the sample water and test again. If the test results are the same colourless liquid, bring it back to the LFS and ask for an exchange or refund.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I also encountered the same problem with the Red Sea KH test kit that I bought about 2 weeks ago. It is the same even after I have added some baking soda into the test tube. I think there is some problems with the current batch in the market.

I don't have problem with their GH test kit which I bought at the same time.

Since then, changed to Salifert which is for freshwater as well as marine use (bought from Petmart). It is excellent, can get KH reading up to 0.2.

Feedback Score
    i tested kh using red sea few days back and get the same result. at first it looks transparent colorless to me.. but scrutinize further squinting my eyes i can see the blue, altho veli veli faint. added till it turned to oleng, also veli veli faint.

first time using kh kit so dono wat to expect.. i thot it works that way (only gives veli faint color).
    apparently not
    my planted tank is a small 12\"x7\"x10\"(height)

Feedback Score
    confirmed not working. went to shop and changed to the aquarium pharmacy KH/GH tester. same price as red sea KH tester. and working very well.

Feedback Score
    guess i will go change mine tomolo..
    my planted tank is a small 12\"x7\"x10\"(height)