Country
    Singapore

Atman cannister filter

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi

Anyone using Atman cannister filter? I bought 1 set of 3337. Very powerful as compare to my previous ehmin 2235. However the problem is that this filter is not self priming. I must suck out the air to make the water start flowing.

Can I check with you guys on how to make the water flow for subsequent time if I clean the filter. I dont want to suck the tube again after subsequent cleaning....Yucks!!!!!!!
    Regards
    William

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    like the ehiem 2228, u simply shut off the valve b4 switching off the filter.. afetr cleaning.. fill up the filter with water, plug in and jus turn on the valve.. if for yr atman, u dun have valve, then get get 2 of them

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I am using both Eheim 2213 & Atman 3338. Both dun have self-priming capability so have a headache at the beginning. After a few attempts, I found that, besides filling up the filter cannister with water, I have to fill up the hose as well, as much as I can. This way, I can avoid 'sucking' one end of the hose to get the water flowing. With this method, I just need to turn on the electricity & the filtration gets going. Hope this helps

Cheers.
    When driving, make sure your mata is not on the wanita!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon

R u refering to shutting the inlet or outlet or both before power off filter?

BT

How to fill hose with water? Need your help.
    Regards
    William

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/24/2002 10:12:29 PM

Simon

BT

----------------
    William, first turn off the outlet, then the inlet (according to the eheim instruction you must not use the inlet to stop the flow). Once both valves are closed the water in the hoses will stay in there after you drain the tank. If you're not cleaning the filter, just turning it back on later will get the filter going. If you're cleaning the filter, follow Simon's procedure, make sure the filter body is filled so that when the top goes on it "squeezes" out some water.

The purpose of shutting the valves first is to make sure the hoses continue to be filled.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 3/24/2002 10:12:29 PM

Simon

BT

----------------
    Before connecting the hose to either the intake pipe or spray bar, use a small cup or container & pour water into the tube. Of course, the inlet & outlet valves should be closed.

Cheers.
    When driving, make sure your mata is not on the wanita!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Use a powerhead either to suck from the outlet or blow into the inlet. SUck/blow until no more bubble coming out (ok i know this sounds err...anyway i lazy to phrase it)

you dont need the hose to be filled with water to start it actually. no need 100% . As long as the canister is filled it is ok.

In fact, sometimes when i need to off the electricity for some reason during maintence, i dont close valves. I have some 2217 without valves too. after like 15minutes i can turn back the power and the filter runs again.

it is not recommended to pre-fill. Priming the normal way is more thorough and recommended

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi william

you could use the ehiem double tap to assist you on this part. Basically it consist of two scew on head with a open and close tap on both ends......when you need to dismantle the hoses for maintanence, just shut both taps and remove the hoses......when cleaned just need to fill one hose and presto!
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the priming thing is not a concern for me at all

anyway it is really easy to start the priming of a canister without any priming aids...

and you dont have to swallow water.

what we can do is totally empty the canister 100% dry.
    then we can start the suction at the output side. the water will then flow automatically down from the input side and then fill up the canister for you. then just on the power when it is filled up.

only need to suck once and not all the way. let gravity do the rest

if you have a valve, even easier. AS you disconnect the canister, your valve shold be closed, and thus there is water left in the in and out tubes. Once you maintained your canister etc etc, connect up, open the valves again, and water will flow into the canister and the siphon starts by itself. once the canister fills up by itself, you can just let it fill up and on the power once it is done.

the impt thing is to have the canister dry for this to work properly.

what the priming aid does is just to initiate the initial siphon process. and it wont take you more than a moment to do it yourself
    [:]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys

Thanks for all your advise....I will try this wkend...

Thank you!!!!
    Regards
    William

Feedback Score
    Happy sucking