Country
    Singapore

Talking Hello!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Recently brought a small tank with some shrimps and little fishes after my 3 year daughter repeatedly asked for it.

Now i'm planning to pick up aquarium scaping and shrimping as a hobby after about intrigue from what I read about it on the internet.

Hope to learn from all the seasoned professionals here!

Jerry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hello!

Welcome to the forum! Hope that we will be able to share our experience and learn together! All the best in setting up! I love aqua scaping and shrimps too! =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ahpui6 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Hope that we will be able to share our experience and learn together! All the best in setting up! I love aqua scaping and shrimps too! =)
    Thanks for the welcome! Hope to learn more from everyone.

Attached a photo of my tank, planning to focus more on shrimps and aqua scaping in the future. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

IMG_0036.jpg

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I suppose you are aware the fishes are not shrimplets safe. I cant really see the picture but if its yellow and cherry shrimp, or any 2 different coloured shrimp that all belong to the neocaridinia family, if they cross breed they will revert to their wild form. means they will lose the colouration.

on a side note, shrimps love mosses and mossball. haha!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yea, i only realized that fishes are not shirmplets safe after I purchased the tank and the fishes. Too cruel to cull them, so I will keep them till they pass on before converting to a fully shirmp tank.

Anyway, how often does your shimp die? My RCS seem to die every other day. The yellow shrimp seems to be doing fine.

Just another question, what kind of moss would be good? I'm planning to setup a carpet glass for the tank.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

oh I see.. er... my shrimps dont really die that often. 1 or 2 casualty a month? how many rcs died?

I dont think its the water parameter because if thats the case, it would not be confined to the red fellars. perhaps you want to provide more hiding place. could be the fishes stressing/disturb the shrimp.

I personally feel that mini xmas moss is very good. they look good aesthetically and my shrimps love it. it supports the growth of my shrimplets and I also find mini xmas moss rather easy to grow.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yea, i suspect it might be the fishes as well. But i read tetras are shrimps friendly. Hmm. Might be the guppy and the square looking fish. Will continue to monitor.

Will check out mini xmas moss. Will mini xmas moss work as a carpet plant for the tank?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I suppose you are referring to the growth rate? Yeps, it should work. Light and co2 will increase their speed though.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ahhh, ok.

Will probably drop by C328 today to check out if there are any mini xmas moss and water test kit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

A test kit will certainly be highly beneficial in the long run! Yea, I not too sure if c328 have the mini ones. Perhaps they are the normal xmas moss. I bought mine from a bro in AQ, so if wish to purchase from home grown mini xmas, can whatsapp me @ 8one88one401. I can pass you his contacts =)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Smsed you! (:

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I think it's shrimplet are not fish safe instead of the other way round. Anyway, welcome to AQ, Joeidle1!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi BFG, thanks for the headsup. To be honest, when I first got the small tank for my daughter, i was absolutely clueless about the whole shrimping thing. Only read up when I became more interested. Since I have already gotten the fish, will keep it till it dies of old age before trying out breeding of shrimps which seems very technical and interesting!

Thanks for the welcome!