Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Newbie and hello

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everyone. This is my first time trying a planted tank. Starting from ground zero, that is still looking for a tank. I must say, the information is very overwhelming, trying to set a good planted tank.

Hope the experienced forumers here can share guidance. Looking forward to enjoying the hobby

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Newbie and hello

Welcome! All the best in your new planted set up!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ahpui6 View Post
    Welcome! All the best in your new planted set up!
    Thank you! Was very ambitious initially. But now I think it's best for me to start small first, maybe a 3ft tank with easier plants, so that I can make mistakes and learn along the way. Appreciate any pointers from experienced as well as newbie hobbyist here just like me :-)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by elmizze View Post
    Thank you! Was very ambitious initially. But now I think it's best for me to start small first, maybe a 3ft tank with easier plants, so that I can make mistakes and learn along the way. Appreciate any pointers from experienced as well as newbie hobbyist here just like me :-)
    When most people here mention starting "small", they usually mean starting with a nano 1ft tank... then start switching up to a series of larger tanks over the following months.

Starting with a 3ft tank is definitely a good idea. More water volume helps keeps everything more stable with less fluctuations for a longer time, makes managing the tank parameters alot easier.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome back to the hobby! Just wondering how big was your previous tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I've been in the fish hobby for more than 10 years actually. Kept different sized tanks - 5', 3',2', and those odd-shaped ones. But have never kept a planted tank before. Been researching and finding out how to keep planted tanks to prepare a home for my altum angels and discus once they grow out of their current 2' tank.

It it seems very challenging to make sure that I set up a good base for a planted..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Welcome to AQ, Elmizze! Do take your time researching for this hobby and don't forget to have fun while doing it!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Welcome to AQ, Elmizze! Do take your time researching for this hobby and don't forget to have fun while doing it!
    Thanks BFG! Looking forward to learn, and share as much as possible with the community!