Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 99 of 99

Thread: 2 ft Paludarium journal

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzanboy View Post
    Thank brother for your information i setting a vivarium soon by year end moving house soon, may i know that where you purchase your mini orchid i went to world farm yesterday but could not find any any advise.
    Hi tarzanboy, I got it from hortpark at the garden bazaar.. this sat and sun the bazaar is still on, but no guarantee if there are any mini orchid left. But you could still visit the place if you are into gardening, there are many plants for sale there by gardening enthusiasts.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,666
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    will there be any mould issue? if yes, how did you combat that?

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    224
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Mould means warm temp and high humidity, this usually happens when theres no exchange of air, if im right

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Loving crypts <3

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    will there be any mould issue? if yes, how did you combat that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAquarist View Post
    Mould means warm temp and high humidity, this usually happens when theres no exchange of air, if im right

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Hi fireblade, yes initially there was some mold growth on the driftwood, but I think it is just a natural process of decay that will go away after some time. But agree with TheAquarist too, if there is no air circulation and it is too warm and wet, it could favor mold growth instead of moss.

    However, even if we could prevent the growth of mold with some subtance that is anti-fungal (eg. tea tree oil? but never tried before), moss would still not grow well because it is too hot.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    595
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    120
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Hi bro, saw that you used acrylic cover for your tank. Is the cover fully sealed?

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
    Hi bro, saw that you used acrylic cover for your tank. Is the cover fully sealed?
    Hi bro, nope it's not sealed at all... the acrylic cover i have is too short, so I extend it using plastic sheet.

    I think my frog escaped about 3 times last time from the tank

    I intend to DIY a proper hood with some wood from daiso, but currently still no time to do it yet...

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    224
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Question, how does the substrate NOT fall in the mesh when u first started out?

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Loving crypts <3

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAquarist View Post
    Question, how does the substrate NOT fall in the mesh when u first started out?

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Hi TheAquarist, there is an additional super-fine mesh layer, so the substrate can't fall through the mesh

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    595
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    120
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Hi gorilla, any updates? I read that you seeded your soil with springtails. Where did you get them? Also, do you feed your frog crickets daily?

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
    Hi gorilla, any updates? I read that you seeded your soil with springtails. Where did you get them? Also, do you feed your frog crickets daily?
    Hi Cardinal Tetra, not much changes to the tank, still looked the same now, so won't post updates yet.

    The springtails I got them in the wild too you can find them under damp leaf litter... but there are other insects in the leaf litter too, so this is if you don't mind some other insects... The springtails multiple quite fast when the conditions are right. In fact, springtails are everywhere. You can even find some in your home.. although there are many different species at different locations.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    426
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Very nice growth. The Bolbitis are ok grown outside of water? Where do you get the wire vine from...nice leaf shape and color.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    595
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    120
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Hi gorilla, hope you're still around. I've just updated my thread. Time to update yours.
    Interested to see how your tank is doing.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Goalkeeper View Post
    Very nice growth. The Bolbitis are ok grown outside of water? Where do you get the wire vine from...nice leaf shape and color.
    Thank you Goalkeeper Yes, I think the Bolbitis can grows in very humid and cool environment, it is not a aquatic plant if I am not wrong.
    The wire vine I can't rem where I got it, I think some local nursery sells it.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
    Hi gorilla, hope you're still around. I've just updated my thread. Time to update yours.
    Interested to see how your tank is doing.
    Hi Cardinal Tetra, yea still around Recently have been busy and have been neglecting my tank. Also, I am tired of topping up my tank with water every 1-2 days. My frog also died a few months ago too

    So I decided to let the tank die off and change it into a scape without water in future.

    Here's how my tank looks like now, just took the photo...

    I turned off the fan and water pump 2 days ago... so there are some condensation on the glass and the moss wall is slowly drying off...

    Will start a new scape when I have more time


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    595
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    120
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Thanks for the update. Hate to see your setup go, especially the moss walls. I suppose the air plants didnt make it? Also, what is the black mesh for? The picture looks like a scene in a nature broadwalk!

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Tetra View Post
    Thanks for the update. Hate to see your setup go, especially the moss walls. I suppose the air plants didnt make it? Also, what is the black mesh for? The picture looks like a scene in a nature broadwalk!
    You mean the mini orchids? Yes, still alive, but it's not in the picture because I removed the plastic cover and the plants are hanging on the cover.

    The black mesh platform I used it previously to place some humid loving plants

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    1
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Where did you get the spring tails from?

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    21
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyc View Post
    Where did you get the spring tails from?
    Hi Greyc, i got it in the wild under some decomposing wood in the forest. After that they sort of multiplied in the tank afterwards.

    There are many different kinds of springtails and you can find them almost everywhere, even in some parts of your home

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    595
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    120
    Country
    Singapore

    Re: 2 ft Paludarium journal

    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla83 View Post
    Hi Greyc, i got it in the wild under some decomposing wood in the forest. After that they sort of multiplied in the tank afterwards.

    There are many different kinds of springtails and you can find them almost everywhere, even in some parts of your home
    Hey there, any updates on your new setup?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •