Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Overseas Crayfish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone have lobang for getting crayfish from overseas? or recommend any shop in Singapore which offer the most crays.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Overseas Crayfish

you may want to try tropical at pasir ris farmway.

CHeers..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What are you looking to get? You can try your luck at Qianhu, Rainbow, OTF and Seaview. If you have the dough, you can consider getting lfs to special order

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Interestor View Post
    you may want to try tropical at pasir ris farmway.

CHeers..
    Hmm...Farmway what? they have more variety or they help import?
    Be who you wanna be, not what others want to see. <3 Crayfish

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by thePractce View Post
    What are you looking to get? You can try your luck at Qianhu, Rainbow, OTF and Seaview. If you have the dough, you can consider getting lfs to special order
    Looking for Blue procambarus clarkii

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Blue ones are called procambarus alleni, I bought mine at OTF, pasir ris farmway. Y618 will also have them from time to time, I also got them at $3 before. If you don't mind larger sized ones I just saw a few pieces at serangoon north last week.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Blue ones are called procambarus alleni, I bought mine at OTF, pasir ris farmway. Y618 will also have them from time to time, I also got them at $3 before. If you don't mind larger sized ones I just saw a few pieces at serangoon north last week.
    ya im aware of alleni, theres blue clarkii but very little in sg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What is the difference between the two? I accidentally made an artificial blue clarkii before. Start off with a discoloured red one and then keep with whitish surroundings, have a T5 with blue light and just turn it on for a few hours every night. It will get bluer with each moult.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

What is the difference between the two? I accidentally made an artificial blue clarkii before. Start off with a discoloured red one and then keep with whitish surroundings, have a T5 with blue light and just turn it on for a few hours every night. It will get bluer with each moult.

Claw difference. My Clarkii slowly turning blue also. But i dunno if it will molt again cause it is quite big already. Around 3.5 inches.
    Here's my Clarkii:
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...arkii-Crayfish

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

That looks the same as mine, probably your blue wall I'm on the way to seaview now and maybe qian hu if I have time. Let you know if I see anything

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

That looks the same as mine, probably your blue wall I'm on the way to seaview now and maybe qian hu if I have time. Let you know if I see anything
    I went seaview too just now~ so.. what did u get? the blue lobster are only left with around 10pcs, did u grab them all? haha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nope, I didn't get them. Condition wasn't good enough. I went to seaview, C328 row of aquariums, qianhu and aquastar today. I was keeping an eye out for your blue clarkii but didn't see any. Closest was a female alleni at aquastar and based on observation they have the widest variety. I also found the blue one I was looking for there mine was the only piece! A little algae but gorgeous nonetheless. I got very nice a super red at an arowana shop near C328 at $10. Wish I could help you more.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nope, I didn't get them. Condition wasn't good enough. I went to seaview, C328 row of aquariums, qianhu and aquastar today. I was keeping an eye out for your blue clarkii but didn't see any. Closest was a female alleni at aquastar and based on observation they have the widest variety. I also found the blue one I was looking for there mine was the only piece! A little algae but gorgeous nonetheless. I got very nice a super red at an arowana shop near C328 at $10. Wish I could help you more.
    got photos of your crays?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

BTW where is aquastar?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I don't have photos now but I'll upload soon as I get the chance. Aquastar is at yishun central. I don't have the exact address but it's below yishun post.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I don't have photos now but I'll upload soon as I get the chance. Aquastar is at yishun central. I don't have the exact address but it's below yishun post.
    Ohhh i live in the East, so that's a bit far for me. Currently my 2 feet tank housing 3 crays already. so i think wont be getting any so soon. unless i find a cheap tank :P

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hey bro,any idea how to identify the gender of the electric blue ( red-claw)? im aware the male have red at the side of the claws, but went to seaview, all no red claw, isit too young or all are females? cause mine quite big but no red claw also

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup, female's claws won't turn red but the red coloration but the red patches in males won't be visible until they reach maturity. One obvious example is the adult red claw crayfish you see in the tanks opposite the plant section at seaview. Its difficult to determine their gender at a young age but as a rule of thumb, when you compare two red claw crayfish. Pick the one with the skinny/less bulky/smaller claws if you want a female. (Do not apply this on Clarkiis) Your electric blue is a female.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup, female's claws won't turn red but the red coloration but the red patches in males won't be visible until they reach maturity. One obvious example is the adult red claw crayfish you see in the tanks opposite the plant section at seaview. Its difficult to determine their gender at a young age but as a rule of thumb, when you compare two red claw crayfish. Pick the one with the skinny/less bulky/smaller claws if you want a female. (Do not apply this on Clarkiis) Your electric blue is a female.
    Was hoping to get a male to breed with mine. Do you think seaview sell young male?the whole tank seems to be of the same gender

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup, the tank is mixed gender. Its not obvious but if you inspect the claw size, the ones with slightly bigger claws will more likely be male

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast