Images
    Country
    Japan

remove them?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    do people remove fish for ich treatment for their cold water planted tanks or just treat the entire tank?? i hear that when fishes show the white dots the spores have alredy dispersed onto the tank substrate...hence causeing the white dots on the fish when they burrow out from the skin. If so...removal of "sick" fish won't do anything for the rest of the fish no??

Just wondering cos i wanted to treat my entire 15 gallon tank of fishes for some ich with 6 tsp of salt for a month (weekly water change and dosing) since i can't increase the temps as the cold plants will die....

Thanks for the help in advance.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: remove them?

[quote:0cffdf9da6="ranmasatome"]do people remove fish for ich treatment for their cold water planted tanks or just treat the entire tank?? i hear that when fishes show the white dots the spores have alredy dispersed onto the tank substrate...hence causeing the white dots on the fish when they burrow out from the skin. If so...removal of "sick" fish won't do anything for the rest of the fish no??

Just wondering cos i wanted to treat my entire 15 gallon tank of fishes for some ich with 6 tsp of salt for a month (weekly water change and dosing) since i can't increase the temps as the cold plants will die....

Thanks for the help in advance.[/quote:0cffdf9da6]

you should just dose the whole tank, but if its a planted tank involved then you have to observe the reaction of some plants. think the cycle of ich is around 3 weeks if I'm not wrong

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Thanks Simon...will do...