Just want to check, based on below condition:

2 ft tank
    1x20 watt light
    water temp: 27 ~ 28 degrees
    About 20+ fishes (neon)
    No CO2
    External Cannister filter
    1 cooling fan

How long will it take for Java moss to grow based on above condition?
    How long will it roughly take for them to full grown?

Usually for after 1 week, if a few moss is growing out of the mesh, is this the normal rate?

What must I do if I want to speed up their growth?

Thanks in advance for your advise...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Imo, the Java Moss will grow, but at a very slow rate.

I've no idea what full grown Java Moss looks like, it just keeps growing and growing.

Yes it is the normal rate ( at least for me. )

Your lights should be okay. Just lower the temp to around 25 and c02 is a must if you want your moss to grow faster.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Conditions look good.

Try to use more of the Java Moss if possible.

If you see the whitish tips of the moss, it means it is gowing. May take a few months at this rate to have a thick growth, also depending how much you started off with.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Squee and Juggler for your reply.

I am also thinking of planting more moss but I am using the wire mesh which I have bought at C328. Quite expensive, 1 package cost about S$4 for 4 small pieces. Went searching around hardware shop for stanless steel wire mesh but no result.

Does anyone knows where I can get a sheet of this stanless steel wire mesh so I can plant more...thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    C328 got sell wire mesh?hmm.. never notice, where is it placed? According to info on the forum, large pieces can be obtain from Boon Keng road. Never manage to get, cos i went down on sunday. Hope tat helps

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wan2start: If your water current is not strong, can just leave the moss lying above the substrate. Or tie it to driftwood, stones, tiles etc....
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:9536af0fda="chris1"]C328 got sell wire mesh?hmm.. never notice, where is it placed? According to info on the forum, large pieces can be obtain from Boon Keng road. Never manage to get, cos i went down on sunday. Hope tat helps[/quote:9536af0fda]
    They are placed at the front of the shop. They are in very small package with Japanese wording, you can ask the lady boss and she will tell you where.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:c4d57e7a9b="juggler"]wan2start: If your water current is not strong, can just leave the moss lying above the substrate. Or tie it to driftwood, stones, tiles etc....[/quote:c4d57e7a9b]
    I actually placed them under the wire mesh to prevent them from floating up. As I used a blower fan to cool the temp down, I think they will float if I just leave them on a substrate..
    Updates: I dunno why but a portion of the moss seems like growing but another portion seems turning brown? any particular reason?
    Something to confess though, I bought my moss placed in a plastic bag from c328 at S$2/bag and not those directly from the tank as in generation X $5/bag, does this makes any difference? Please advise, thks..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wan2start: Tying the moss to the metal mesh using fishing line is better than using the mesh to cover the plant. Covering them limits their exposure to light. Perhaps that's why they are turning brown.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi guys,
    i have some xmass moss.they are growing very slowly as i am not injecting co2 into my tank...anyway, i read from a forum that if the xmass moss is growing slowly, i t will eventually results in better grown moss...is this true?

thanks

yours sincerely,
    Storm