2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Potassium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Went Y618 planning to buy Excel Potassium. Was recommended the powder form and advised it's more economical and same as Excel version. Anyone using the powder form? The instruction says one spoon per 50 l water and spoon above tea spoon size. 3 feet tank will be about 3 spoons....seems a lot?

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Potassium

Hi Gk, do you mean you went to y618 to buy SEACHEM Pottasium and was recommended to buy Pottasium Sulphate in dry fert form right?

if i understand correctly from you then the answer is yes... you can dose using the dry fert form and its cheaper in long run. But normally i use EI formulation and online calculator to calculate the neccessary dilution before adding into tank.

well you can google EI for more information...or go to my blog to see the article about EI dosing....

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks bro wongce. Read Q8 in your blog under EI and sounds like this type of fertiliser may not be shrimp safe?

nearby Wululand..a nice place northern part of Singkapoh..
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi GK, due to heavy dosage of fertilizer, i would not say its 100% shrimp safe. However i still manage to breed cherry shrimps in my tank. Well, i will not try EI if i am having crs or more expensive/sensitive shrimps.

Check out my Blog on planted tank, good for newbies ( i am lazy to retype all the info i know, so please click and read below link... i hope you don't fall asleep while reading)
    Link to my Blog

I am not PERFECT but I am LIMITED EDITION !!! BIG Tank comes with BIG Responsibility...as they makan a lot of $$....lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks bro wongce.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi goalkeeper what's the quantity per packaging like. I'm using Eiho Pottasium now and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I'm sure to hop on if it's cheaper hehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ipit, can't remember exact quantity as I've thrown the package away and place them in air tight container. But certainly decent size and cheaper than seachem. I've so far only dose half the recommended dosage as I'm concerned it may have an impact on the livestock. If you happen to try with exact dosage please share your comments. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Mine is a "Dutch" setup I'm pretty new to the planted tank scene 1 week and counting so I'm definitely trying to learn as much as I can

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk