Country
    Singapore

Availability of Algexit

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

I have been trying to get hold of a bottle of Algexit by Easylife and have been to C328 the past 1 month but the shopowners mentioned that it is out of stock...

Anyone knows where I confirm can get one bottle as I am tired of making repeated fruitless trips down.

My thread/hair algae is getting slightly out of control and I have been resorting to seachem excel spot dosing but think I need more drastic measure.

I have even tried to use Blue Exit for cynobacteria to see if it works on filamentous algae too. Hopefully it helps. This is day one.

Meanwhile, Algexit spotted by anyone?
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Re: Availability of Algexit

HI,
    Try changing water daily with addition 5 flying fox and 20-30 Yamato shrimps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nope. I am looking for it too and I am settling now for ISTA Algae Remover.

Its not really working very well.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

ISTA is a Taiwan brand with good quality....let me know the result.
    I Tried O.F. and resulting all my Yamato R.I.P....

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

So far the best is still Algexit with proven results and minimum deaths. Arghh!!! Its been a month of waiting already.
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Try decreasing photo period, reducing food, 50% water changes and reducing ferts and see if that helps.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How about API ALGAEFIX? any one use it before?
    "L" plate gardener

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ISTA Algae Remover really works. Tried that in my previous tank and all hair algae gone in a couple of days.
    ... always look at the bright side of life

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi Philippians, does the Blue exit works to remove Cyanobacteria or keep it under control?

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Its to remove cynobacteria. And you can add some each water change to keep it under control. I m trying to see if it works for filamentous algae too

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    ISTA Algae Remover really works. Tried that in my previous tank and all hair algae gone in a couple of days.
    It is not working for my tank right now. Did you follow the instructions on the label?

1. Change 1/3 water.
    2. Dose 5 ml of Algae Remover for every 100 litres of tank water every day.
    3. Do not change tank water in the course of dosage.

Pls let me know. I do see quick results on cynobacteria (blue green algae) but the green hair algae is still quite persistent.

I have increased CO2 bubble count by alot and lowered my light intensity and photo-period.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

ISTA Algae Remover works for me as well. Did you calculate your volume of water accurately? Try it for about 2 weeks perhaps; sometimes the algae takes a little while longer to disappear.

Alternatively try manual removal as much as you can, and putting a hold on fertilization for now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I did. My tank capacity is 324 litres and I dose 15ml every day.

To be fair, I have only been dosing for 8 days already. The green hair algae is still very rampant. I am almost embarrassed to share photos here. I do intend to finish the dosage for 2 weeks for the results.

Does Excel dosing count as fertilization since excel has some kind of negative side-effect against algae?

Due to this episode, I also have become somewhat of an expert in manual algae removal and I have developed a few techniques! I am not sure if I should be proud of that.

My previous experience with Algae is to introduce a cleaning crew to quickly keep it under control but my cycle is not complete yet so I am holding off on that. Right now, I only have some hitch-hiker snails doing that job but not sure if some might be dead by now.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Can try your luck with Y618....... They might still have stocks

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Wow yishun ins way too far.. but seriously hair algae is the worst. I can kill bga using excel but the hair algae problem is not abating....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Did you guys noticed your fishes gasping for air after dosing Algae Remover? Crap, I realized I overdose 5ml for 50L after reading your post again! However, even after I overdosed, the hair algae persists. I use it in my shrimp tank a year ago and it works wonder, unfortunately, not this time...

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi everyone! I went to C328 last week after reading the awesome review done by Urban Aquaria and the other thread regarding Algexit. I asked auntie and she said, "No stock". Then she looked at me and said, "Wah just now also got many people asking. Good ah?". Haha. I explained to her it's mainly due to the positive feedback it got online. And in my head I think it's because the previous Algexit discussion thread on this forum got bumped, so maybe that's why there's a sudden surge of interest for this stuff (especially for newbies like myself).

The good news is that she immediately picked up the phone (bear in mind, auntie is ALWAYS busy) to call her supplier. Problem is, they were also out of stock. While she was talking on the phone, I even showed her the picture of the bottle, so she can order correctly. I read somewhere though someone ordered Algexit online and received a different labeling. The person checked with the company and they confirmed it was the same thing, new packaging. So maybe need not worry so much. Don't know why I'm saying this, but yeah.

Long story short (sorry for my long post, it's only my second time), been going to C328 frequently past few days and yesterday asked auntie again. Showed her the picture, she smiled and said "Not yet". Just to make myself feel better, I pestered her nicely and asked if she did indeed order it. To my joy, she said yes. So I'm hoping by the end of this month should have. I need it!

It's funny another poster mentioned ISTA Algae Remover also because I went to GC Clementi just now, and overheard the friendly uncle explaining about how good it was to a customer. He's been dosing it for a week in one of their show tanks (which I happened to remember because it was overrun with BBA and other nasty stuff when I saw it couple weeks ago). The tank looks great now. Not yet cleared but the difference was quite astounding. Since I'm like you guys, still waiting for Algexit, decided to read the ISTA Algae Remover bottle instructions. Anyone else has good reviews on this alternative to Algexit? Was gonna post about this whole thing, and do some research/review on the ISTA product online, which brought me here. If anybody knows where to try and find Algexit successfully other than Y618, or when C328 has it, please don't buy all the bottles and share the info here. Hehe. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

On Day 10 of dosing ISTA Algae Remover, I am seeing some results. But I am wondering if it is because it is day 2 of Operation: WACK CO2 LIKE NO TOMORROW!!

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

When C328 has stock I will fly down man! I need it to get my hair algae under control as it is not getting better nor is it getting worse. Meaning I found equilibrium but need to get rid of the ones that are still around for complete wipeout!
    Please do not buy out all. I think i ll go for the largest bottle and store it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipians View Post
    When C328 has stock I will fly down man! I need it to get my hair algae under control as it is not getting better nor is it getting worse. Meaning I found equilibrium but need to get rid of the ones that are still around for complete wipeout!
    Please do not buy out all. I think i ll go for the largest bottle and store it.

Have you tried doing the traditional way of changing 50% water every 2 days?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast