Country
    Singapore

pH test pen

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All,

I'm currently having a 2x1x1.5 tank and using Sera pH and kH test kit to check the Co2 level in the tank. My fishes would always swim to the surface gasping for air everytime I make a 25% water change every alternate week. I tried to measure the Co2 level, before and after the change but the differences shown on the pH kit is not very minimal. Thus decide to get the above mentioned. Can anybody gives a recommendation in terms of brand and price?

I'm using a Co2 set with a manual valve from NA.

Regards
    Siang Chaw

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    From what I gather from your post, it seems to me that its your tap water condition rather than your PH, KH, and CO2 relationship that is stressing your fishes.

Are you getting your water from ground pipe or from the roof top tank?.....if you are getting them from the ground, do you de-chlorinate your water?
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi David,

I'm staying on the 15th floor, guess it should be from the water tank above. Tap water is always de-cholrinated before I refill it into the tank... I also noticed that the water will turn slightly cloudy and it will clear up in a few hours. The tank had been setup for almost 2 months and currently using a canister filter from dolphin.

Regards
    Siang Chaw

Feedback Score
    i use amo-lock.. it's anti-ammonia, chlorine & chloramine.

but to answer ur original qn.. dono the brand but i kno the test pen $$ is ard $80-90. tink u try search the forum can find prev posts rgdg this.
    my planted tank is a small 12\"x7\"x10\"(height)