Country
    Singapore

Type of lightbulb for your Industrial MHs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all!

Recently, I bought an Industrial MH from Jalan Besar area. I will like to know for fellow users, what type of bulbs are you guys using? Any recommendations? I am currently using Osram bulb that came with the light. As claimed by the supplier, it is meant for planted tank but the "papers" that came with it only offers safety precautions and instructions and made no mention of its color intensity.

Hope to hear some feedback soon.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Type of lightbulb for your Industrial MHs

What is the number on the bulb/box?

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Type of lightbulb for your Industrial MHs

[quote:c005edf225="kadios"]I will like to know for fellow users, what type of bulbs are you guys using?[/quote:c005edf225]
    Hi KH,
    There were a few double-ended ones that I used to use;
    Aqualine 5k bulb
    http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/fi...ine5kBulb4.JPG

HTlite MH 150W
    http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/fi.../HTliteMH3.JPG

Osram MH 70w
    http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/fi...ulb/Osram1.JPG

Aqualine has the closest daylight spectrum but pricey. HTlite is a very decent and affordable performer, available at most lighting shops.

Osram was OK, used for a short while until I opted for 150watters.

BTW, the hosting site disallows image hotlinking. Copy/paste URL to new browser window.

Good luck.
    I'm back & keeping 'em fingers wet,
    Ronnie Lee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If you are looking for something for your planted tank... look for something with 6500K and RA as close to 100 as possible...

Good Luck

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all!

I think I left out some important information. My lightbulb is 150watts. Unfortunately, I threw away the Osram box already. I can only recall the words "DUV" or "SUV" printed on it. No matter how I searched through the packaging, it made no mention of the color intensity(6500k) of the bulb. My friend made a safer bet by using ADA lightbulb but then it cost a bomb!

I asked the shopowner but he only claimed it can be used for planted tanks. I am still a bit worried that he might have offered me 10k bulbs instead unknowingly, so I was hoping to hear some existing users of MHs who can affirmed the validity of his statement.

Right now, the light seems to be ok as they looks similar to the Osram PL light that I used.

Thanks Ronnie for the information. I will make a trip to check out the prices.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ADA's one is 10K. Most of the bulbs will be at 5400K

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:e5c965aa42="kadios"]Hi all!

I think I left out some important information. My lightbulb is 150watts. Unfortunately, I threw away the Osram box already. I can only recall the words "DUV" or "SUV" printed on it. No matter how I searched through the packaging, it made no mention of the color intensity(6500k) of the bulb. My friend made a safer bet by using ADA lightbulb but then it cost a bomb!

I asked the shopowner but he only claimed it can be used for planted tanks. I am still a bit worried that he might have offered me 10k bulbs instead unknowingly, so I was hoping to hear some existing users of MHs who can affirmed the validity of his statement.

Right now, the light seems to be ok as they looks similar to the Osram PL light that I used.

Thanks Ronnie for the information. I will make a trip to check out the prices.

Cheers![/quote:e5c965aa42]

Hi,

I used the Osram 150w daylight before . It has UVS (UV Stop). Now a lot of the other MH bulb also comes with this feature. BTW, Osram tube is actually around 5600K (yellowish) if I remembered correctly when I checked various web sites. I swapped to another brand which emits 7000-8000K . It is whiter than Osram (~5600K yellowish).

Cheers