Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Liquid fertilizer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Has anyone tried growing moss with daiso Liquid fertilizer?

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Liquid fertilizer

I would not touch that if I were you. Those are not aquatic type of fertilisers. Go for more established ones like Lushgrow, Tropica, Seachem and if you have the moolah, ADA.
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah, the Daiso fertilizers are designed for terrestrial plants which don't need to be concerned about aquarium livestock or algae issues, so the nutrient content and composition is typically in much higher ratio and concentration (along with the possibility of containing other chemical additives which may be toxic to livestock).

If there are fauna in the tank, then the higher concentration of certain nutrients may affect the more sensitive ones, like shrimps or fish fry. So have to be more careful.

If there are no livestock and only plants in the tank (ie. a plant grow-out tank), then its not as much of an issue. But since there is no recommended dosage amount for aquarium usage listed on the bottle, it'll be a matter of trial and error in terms of dosing, have to experiment and see. Just start at very low dosage, then slowly increase every few days and watch the plant growth.

At worst, if the nutrient levels are off-balance, you'll just get lots of algae growing wild, then i guess its a sign to back off the dosages.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How about those HORTI brand fertilizers we have from stores like giant and NTUC?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by yanatomy101 View Post
    How about those HORTI brand fertilizers we have from stores like giant and NTUC?
    Those are also meant for terrestrial plants and gardens too, so you'll also just have to experiment and see what amounts can work safely for the plants and livestock in an aquarium.

I probably wouldn't risk using those ferts in tanks with high-end expensive shrimps though.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Actually, as long as there is livestock in the tank, i would think that trying out anything that is new and not established is a risk. Go to the thread that i started for polling purposes to find out a range of liquid ferts available on the market. While not exhaustive, it highlights most of the major liquid fert players even the more economical ones that can be bought. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia