Country
    Singapore

My full ADA tank set up report

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guyz,

I recently went mad in a xmas ADA sale here in japan and bought loads of stuff. I am planning to create a diary on the set up of my tank and am wondering whether any of you know of good websites where i can host my diary for free.

i am so excited abt the set up. here is what i bought:

ada power sand 2l
    amazonia aquasoil 9l
    bacter 100
    clear super

ada co2 regulator (this was the most expensive item)
    c02 catridges 1 2 and 3 to last me for a year
    co2 beetle counter (pure beauty. classy, sexy)
    carbochon ruby (ada glass check valve)
    ada heater
    a second heater for my quarantine tank
    pollen glass
    ada glass drop checker

ada bright K
    Brighty green step 1

green gain
    ECA
    phyton git
    green bacter

ada superge
    ada clean bottle

I plan to buy the fish food system and the oh so gorgeous no mess glass food dispenser.

yeah i know its quite a bit eh. my girlfriend was shocked. But ada in london (where I m based) costs twice the cost literally cost of transport costs and tax considerations and so I have no regrets for i plan to bring back items such as the co2 regulator and the beetle counter and pollen glass and glass check valve. also, when i come to think of it, the money that i spent really cld well disapper after 4 grand japanese dinners in an instant, so why not, for beautiful quality goods that can last a lifetime

besides there was a massive sale on - 20% off all ada goods and a further 5% of the total bill. the next sale is at the end of january. that time it will only be 20% off. i plan to buy the ada scissors and pincers and solenoid then.

I hope that my tank comes along well. I am now trying to plan my aquascape.

I have already ordered 10 yamato nuba ebi shrimps and 5 otocinclus to be added at the end of week 1 and week 2 respectively.

wish me all ze best dudes. will keep you all posted.

have a happy new year!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear God you are a rich man indeed

Keep us posted! Will be waiting eagerly.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    god, if only i were rich, but i am not.
    people have this wrong impression that ada is so expensive, but it certainly is not when compared to other brands of similar quality ( i am thinking of dupla dennerle etc) espcecially when there is a sale on. the sale made all the difference, and was the reason why i bought dude. cheers.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    While you are at it go for the ADA tank to make things complete lah..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    A nice setup with nice equipments make the hobby nicer.

Not only metro, courts got year end sale....even ADA also have it.

Wonder if dennerle got or not??? hahaha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    well said cactus 36. our wonderful hobby is both a science and an art, and what is placed outside (to me at least) counts as much as what goes inside the tank. also, i am into gadgets. i think it is a guy thing. if and when i buy a car, i might accessorise like crazy and polish everyday i fear. heheh

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeap bro...

Should get your self and ADA 4ft or 5ft tank
    Regards,
    Izzat

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    There hs a been resurgence of ADA products here.
    Amano came and worked a deal with the Senske's so they are selling the products.

We copied some of the lily pipes etc and I have a set, 70$ US.
    The stuff is nice and the way I would want something designed, but I want over flows in lager tanks and smaller ones if possible and sump.

Most of the issues I have are merely personal preference. I'm doing a test on the substrate impacts on plant growth at the UC Davis Research Lab in a few weeks. ADA 's substrates will be among those tested.

The system set up has a RO/DI recirculation portion in a controlled chamber. Therefore there is not water column nutrient influence on plant growth. No one has such a system set up.

Both root+shoot and root and shoot only ratios will be analyzed.

ADA stuff is better than the Dupla stuff though.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    it wld be great tom if you cld share your findings with the rest of the board. for starters, you might expect ada soil to lower the ph of the water column - this is quite well known and thereafter sustain preferentially a ph value of 6.8 allegedly. the question is: for how long does that tropical aquatic plant-positive effect last for? some say years but i yet to see that with my as yet unset-up tank.

today i was shopping downtown and i thought why not, let's buy more ada goods. so i did. I bought an ada trimming scissors, ada pincette L size, ada sand flattener and best of all...drum roll...ada fish feeding system (an extremely cool looking glass gadget which makes feeding mess free and elegant).

i dun mind spending on these things cus I will be able to bring em home with me when i leave japan.

cheers everybody and have a happy new year...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Did you buy yourself the NA light set or the filter....the whole setup will look more cool.
    Considering the filter is almost same design as ehiem 2260 but with a more sleek look. haha surely a bomb for these.

All the best for your new tank.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i know what you mean dude.....in fact owning everysingle accessory wld look more cool...but in my purchase decisions i have been limited to ada products that are relatively more transportable and additionally useable when i return home. consequently, the filter and the aquarium glass tank were ruled out. the voltage in japan is 100v. and the tank/ext. filter r simply too heavy for reasonably priced transport. cheers.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States

Re:

[quote:5f32af7602="Fishfanatic"]it wld be great tom if you cld share your findings with the rest of the board. for starters, you might expect ada soil to lower the ph of the water column - this is quite well known and thereafter sustain preferentially a ph value of 6.8 allegedly. the question is: for how long does that tropical aquatic plant-positive effect last for? some say years but i yet to see that with my as yet unset-up tank.
    i dun mind spending on these things cus I will be able to bring em home with me when i leave japan.
    cheers everybody and have a happy new year...[/quote:5f32af7602]

No, it'll have no influence on the water column 's pH.
    We have a recirculating RO/DI filter on a 500 gallon chamber.
    All the water going in has nothing in it.
    The pH is 7.0 always. Nothing is present in the water column so this 100% isolated the the substrate, all growth and nutrients come only from there so the comprison can be independent of other confounding problems.

It's a cool set up no one else has to test substrates.
    I've tested the reverse, all water column and nothing in the substrate for many years.

ADA has plenty of things/toy's to buy.
    Amano wants your dollars
    That's I can promise you.

Reagrds,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:4102fd95d6="Fishfanatic"]well said cactus 36. our wonderful hobby is both a science and an art, and what is placed outside (to me at least) counts as much as what goes inside the tank. also, i am into gadgets. i think it is a guy thing. if and when i buy a car, i might accessorise like crazy and polish everyday i fear. heheh[/quote:4102fd95d6]

I totally agree with "Fishfanatic" comments.

The planted tank is about total packaging "inside & outside". By the way, does anyone knows when ADA Japan hold special sales throughout the year? So that I can plan a trip there!

Haha....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Tom,
    that is one neat setup...will be very interested to know your results..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm sure most of us would drool over the pictures of your goodies. Show us the $$$$!!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Fishfanatic,

Email me what you've got ([email protected]) and I'll host it on my page,
    http://www.aquascapingjournals.com/