Country
    Singapore

Re: Noob here, what fish is this?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    I guess it just depends on your preference, though thats more of an older style aquarium tank and cabinet design.

Just have to note that for our local climate, tanks with hoods tend to heat up alot due to the trapped heat from the lights and lack of circulation, so either you have to remove the cover or DIY install fans to vent out heat and create circulation.

In addition, if you are keen on aquascaping, its better to look at tanks with straight edges, instead of rounded edges, mainly because rounded edges warp the view when you look at them (and take photos) from certain angles.

Here is an example of the more "modern" ADA-style aquascaped tank and cabinet design:

You can actually get a custom ADA-style cabinet and ready-made high-clarity 2ft tank from East Ocean for around the same cost (or even less) as the equivalent Boyu brand tank and cabinet.
    Do you know roughly how much?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Office small fish tank

While slowly search for my 2FT tank. I setup my mini fish tank for my desk.
    Office Fish Tank.jpg
    Not sure what the driftwood plant? I only know moss ball lolz. Currently with a pair of guppies, plan to keep shrimp in the future. Because this new tank is not really fully cycled. Is it ok shrimp live with guppies. I am worried that guppies might attack the shrimps. Anyone know where can i get the rare nice guppy?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Do you know roughly how much?
    Usually for the custom made ADA-style cabinets, its usually costs around $215+ (depending on the laminate you choose, check with cabinet makers like CR Aquarium) and a 2ft high-clarity low-iron glass tank (L60cm x W30cm x H36cm) costs around $60+ at Seaview... so both together should be less than $280.

Of course if you get those cheaper cabinets with normal glass tanks, then the overall cost would be lower, but just not as "professional" looking.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Office small fish tank

While slowly search for my 2FT tank. I setup my mini fish tank for my desk.
    Office Fish Tank.jpg
    Not sure what the driftwood plant? I only know moss ball lolz. Currently with a pair of guppies, plan to keep shrimp in the future. Because this new tank is not really fully cycled. Is it ok shrimp live with guppies. I am worried that guppies might attack the shrimps. Anyone know where can i get the rare nice guppy?
    The plant on the driftwood is called Anubias barteri var. nana, its a medium size variant of the anubias species, very common and hardy plant for aquariums.

Guppies may snack on newborn and juvenile shrimplets (especially in small tanks with few places to hide) but they usually leave the larger adult shrimps alone... it depends on the size and appetite of the guppies though, if you get those giant size guppies (they seem to be popping up at many LFS lately) good chance they will also eat adult shrimps if they are hungry too. As the saying goes, if it can fit in the fishes mouth, they will get eaten.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So this plant dont need strong lighting right? Because using Aquazonic small LED light now.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So this plant dont need strong lighting right? Because using Aquazonic small LED light now.
    Anubias are generally adaptable to lower light levels.... less light or shade is usually better for them as too much light tends to encourage algae appearing on their slow-growing leaves.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Anubias are generally adaptable to lower light levels.... less light or shade is usually better for them as too much light tends to encourage algae appearing on their slow-growing leaves.
    Oic..Plan to put shrimp after 1 month fully cycled.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Usually for the custom made ADA-style cabinets, its usually costs around $215+ (depending on the laminate you choose, check with cabinet makers like CR Aquarium) and a 2ft high-clarity low-iron glass tank (L60cm x W30cm x H36cm) costs around $60+ at Seaview... so both together should be less than $280.

Of course if you get those cheaper cabinets with normal glass tanks, then the overall cost would be lower, but just not as "professional" looking.
    Hi, What brand you will recommend for 2ft filter? Canister type? Lighting? Plan to do some low tech planted style, no CO2. As this is my first 2FT tank.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi, What brand you will recommend for 2ft filter? Canister type? Lighting? Plan to do some low tech planted style, no CO2. As this is my first 2FT tank.
    For a 2ft tank, i would recommend a canister filter with flow rate between 400-700 l/ph, so the ones you could consider are Eheim models like the Classic 2213 or 2215, Ecco Pro 130, 200 or 300, Professional 2224 etc (the larger models with higher flow rates would be preferable if your budget allows).

If you plan to connect additional inline equipment to the canister filter in the future (ie. chiller, inline Co2 diffuser or reactor etc), then it'll be best to go for the higher flow rate canister filter models as there will be a reduction in flow as more additional equipment are connected.

As for lights, if it's a low tech tank without Co2 injection, then i'd recommend just one set of Up Aqua Z-Series Pro LED lights would be more than sufficient.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

So the breakdown cost will..
    1) 2FT tank @ seaview = $60.00
    2) Lower cabinet = $215+
    3) Up Aqua Z-series = $100+
    4) Canister 2213=$150+?

Hope to get all from one LFS, any place to reommend?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

2) Lower cabinet = $215+
    4) Canister 2213=$150+?

Seaview. It is a one-stop-farm/shop for everything. There is also additional 15% discount on equipment if it makes it any sweeter for you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Exciting Fishy Life My Other Not So Exciting Fishy Life My Non-Fishy Life

Occasionally, I would have some trimmings to give away in exchange for a can of Milk Coffee. PM me to deal.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

2) Lower cabinet = $215+
    4) Canister 2213=$150+?

The Up Aqua Z-Series 60cm light retails at $76.80.

There is an additional store-wide 15% discount on equipment at Seaview, so its good to get stuff from there.

You can also look out for 2nd hand Eheim canister filters at the forum marketplace if you are keen to save cost too.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The Up Aqua Z-Series 60cm light retails at $76.80.

There is an additional store-wide 15% discount on equipment at Seaview, so its good to get stuff from there.

You can also look out for 2nd hand Eheim canister filters at the forum marketplace if you are keen to save cost too.
    Actually i went to seaview quite often. But they dont have free delivery, need to topup $50 for delivery fee. Plus their cabinet not nice one.. le

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You can get 2213 for $110 at Fishy Business Store. Promo until 31 Dec i think.

The 15% discount at Seaview is only limited to those white color price tag. Those yellow price tag with the word 'Special Offer' will not have further discount. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Actually i went to seaview quite often. But they dont have free delivery, need to topup $50 for delivery fee. Plus their cabinet not nice one.. le
    Yeah, they do charge for delivery and the ready made cabinets they stock are usually the cheaper boyu brand style cabinets which don't look as nice.

For ADA style cabinets, you'd usually have to get from those LFS that specialize in aquascaping like Green Chapter, Fishy Business, East Ocean etc... or directly approach cabinet makers like CR Aquarium to custom make them.

Quote Originally Posted by asd09 View Post

The 15% discount at Seaview is only limited to those white color price tag. Those yellow price tag with the word 'Special Offer' will not have further discount. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Thats a good deal on the 2213 model, definitely worth checking out. Btw, is it the full set with filter media or the "lite" set without filter media?

You're right on the yellow tagged items at Seaview not being eligible for the 15% discount, as they have already been discounted on special offer... can't get double discount on those.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just now lunch time went to Tampines 201 shop, saw CRS.. Buay tahan, buy a pair of CRS testing for my office small tank. They really love the moss ball. Hopefully they can survive.
    Lol, the pair of guppies seem like quite scared the CRS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by asd09 View Post

Wa.. that really cheap..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Is this CRS pregnant? My colleague told me.. the stomach look big.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Those are not CRS (crystal red shrimp)... they are RCS (red cherry shrimp).

As for whether the one in your photo is pregnant or berried, you have to look under it to see if there are actual eggs attached. Female shrimps generally have larger and wider mid-sections, whether pregnant or not.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Those are not CRS (crystal red shrimp)... they are RCS (red cherry shrimp).

As for whether the one in your photo is pregnant or berried, you have to look under it to see if there are actual eggs attached. Female shrimps generally have larger and wider mid-sections, whether pregnant or not.
    Oh.. i see.. Ok, day 2, the RCS is still surviving lol. The pair are hiding inside the plant.
    Btw, east ocean custom make cabinet is nice !! But not cheap lo

60 x 45 x 45cm Opti- Clear Tank Set Package
    $480
    Package includes:
    - ANS Opti-Clear Tank 60W (60 x 45 x 45cm) : $180
    - Custom Cabinet (60cm x 45cm x 80cm) : $280
    - Free Delivery
    - Get 10% off for all accessories in store (Filter, Light, Media, etc.....)
    **** Instant Stock*****

1513189_10154869296235497_8265011711795300717_n.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast