1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Plant ID please

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have about 5 of such plants as a foreground addition in my tank, but i'm just wondering what is the name of this plant so that i could better understand the nutritional needs of it.

The image is not from my tank.

20130918_202732.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Plant ID please

Cyperus Haspan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Exciting Fishy Life My Other Not So Exciting Fishy Life My Non-Fishy Life

Occasionally, I would have some trimmings to give away in exchange for a can of Milk Coffee. PM me to deal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks mUAR_cHEe. I read it is pretty hardy species and can grow as tall as 60 cm. For now the position it is in, in my tank should be ok, but anything more it will be relocated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

The plant does not really grow but the 'stalk' in the middle will grow up and out of the water. It is a rather odd plant to keep in a planted tank honestly. This is more of a pond plant.

Photo from my idol's blog. Photo credits to the O'Mighty Idol.

Photo from Google Image.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Exciting Fishy Life My Other Not So Exciting Fishy Life My Non-Fishy Life

Occasionally, I would have some trimmings to give away in exchange for a can of Milk Coffee. PM me to deal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by mUAr_cHEe View Post
    The plant does not really grow but the 'stalk' in the middle will grow up and out of the water. It is a rather odd plant to keep in a planted tank honestly. This is more of a pond plant.

Photo from my idol's blog. Photo credits to the O'Mighty Idol.

Photo from Google Image.
    I will see how long i can tahan the sight of the plant hahaha. It looks kind of interesting but sure to be a "Main" attraction for the wrong reasons

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ipit View Post
    I will see how long i can tahan the sight of the plant hahaha. It looks kind of interesting but sure to be a "Main" attraction for the wrong reasons
    If you allow some space above the tank for that plant's stalks to grow above the water surface and bloom its crown of leaves/flowers, it can actually look quite nice... it'll add abit of natural riparium style to the aquascape.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    If you allow some space above the tank for that plant's stalks to grow above the water surface and bloom its crown of leaves/flowers, it can actually look quite nice... it'll add abit of natural riparium style to the aquascape.
    *off topic a bit* Urban Aquaria, i was staliking you and i came across one of your post on a review for OF surface skimmer and i got 2 today hahaha. love your blog.

*back to topic* i will try to relocate itlater on, have to see how the outcome for the rest of the plants in my Singapore "Dutch" attempt hahaha.