Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: is it normal ?

is it normal ?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    is it normal for the water in a planted tank to turn slightly yellowish after a week of water changed? i have not added any driftwood or stone in the tank. only a carpet of grass.

Furthermore is it normal for a small portion of hair grass to die off and that I have to trim again and replant again? ( assuming that those that die off is due to the fact that the roots or 'stems' have been crushed when I pushed the roots into the sand...

thanks

Feedback Score
    I am facing the same problem as yours, i also just started this planted hobby.

Waiting someone to enlighten our queries. Any kind souls?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    if it is a new setup, then it may happen. color from the substrate, if you use red gravel. also some leakage from the fertiliser, if you lay too thick base fert or too thin substrate, even normlal situation it may leak some and stain the water a little, also depends on what fert you use. I use some kind of soil base fert and it does make the water a little clouldy and reddish.

i am using jbl substrate nutrient as the base fertilizer. few yrs ago i setup a tank which occurs the same and i thought it would be due to the drift wood that i add in. this time i didnt put in any wood

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:db55501e45="plantee"]i am using jbl substrate nutrient as the base fertilizer. few yrs ago i setup a tank which occurs the same and i thought it would be due to the drift wood that i add in. this time i didnt put in any wood [/quote:db55501e45]

I, personally have not encounter this problem before. Did you observe any problems with it? (algae, dying fish?)