Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shrimps dying

shrimps dying

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    yesterday i went to Y618 to purchase couple of plants to add on to my planted tank. but today, the yamatoes and cherries look kida dying, but they are still alive! Wats the reason?!?! Any advice to solve tyhe problem?!?!
    i had two 4ft tank, one i used for planted and other for rearing fishes-couple of plants only. when i brought bk the plants, i left it in other tank 1st before transfering to my planted. And the yamatoes in my non-planted tank also appear dying, fishes and otos are all fine!
    and my cherries are pregnant oso!
    pls advise me!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what kind of plant have u bought?
    any pics?
    washed thoroughly before introducing to your tank?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: shrimps dying

[quote:27d0f24b8a="miracle"]yesterday i went to Y618 to purchase couple of plants to add on to my planted tank. but today, the yamatoes and cherries look kida dying, but they are still alive! Wats the reason?!?! Any advice to solve tyhe problem?!?!
    i had two 4ft tank, one i used for planted and other for rearing fishes-couple of plants only. when i brought bk the plants, i left it in other tank 1st before transfering to my planted. And the yamatoes in my non-planted tank also appear dying, fishes and otos are all fine!
    and my cherries are pregnant oso!
    pls advise me!![/quote:27d0f24b8a]

wait a minute , how you know they look like dying? If those plants are the last thing you add before they react to it, then high possibility from the plants.. I guess you didn't rinse them before planting?

i bought nanas, Nymphaea lotus rubra and the other one i'm not too sure!
    i didn't rinse it before i insert in, cos for the past, i neber do that oso and things goes fine! erll thanks for the advise, btw do i need to remove those shrimps as well?!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:f6aed61fe3="miracle"]i bought nanas, Nymphaea lotus rubra and the other one i'm not too sure!
    i didn't rinse it before i insert in, cos for the past, i neber do that oso and things goes fine! erll thanks for the advise, btw do i need to remove those shrimps as well?![/quote:f6aed61fe3]

you shld try doing a water change.. or, if you have a spare tank running, you can xfer them over

i transfer those shrimps to another tank, now they are alive and kicking already!
    as for my planted tank how?!?! do a water change or leave it for a few days?!?!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:51dceb5658="miracle"]i transfer those shrimps to another tank, now they are alive and kicking already!
    as for my planted tank how?!?! do a water change or leave it for a few days?!?![/quote:51dceb5658]

ya, do a water change and let it stablized..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Some plant farms soak their plants in bleach solution before exporting to remove algae or snails. So it may be possible your shrimps are reacting to the chemical.

So better to wash/soak the plants before planting.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

i did a 100% water change, and wash up my filter wools oso! i removed all my fishes, now the tank was left with those plants! i habent add liquid fertiliser yet, as i think the plants are not stable to absorb them, am i correct?!?!
    today i throw in couple of yamatoes, things habent improve! as the yamatoes gathered mainly on the higher ground. and i saw one of them reacting, struggle in the bottom. what could be the problem?!?! isit the habent adapt to the fresh water?!?! or could be the chemical?!?!
    anyway i rinse the plants couple of times already

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sighz similar thing happen to me too... bought a pack of bee shrimp (I think) from C328 in the morning and put in my newly setup tank of java moss, taiwan moss, windeluv and java fern and some crypts, after less den 3hrs I'm left with only 4 bee shrimps! sighz.... but funny thing is I put in some preg ghost shrimps and they're all still alive and kicking! Even got 3 very small (2cm) Clown Loach from C328 and put it together with the shrimps and they too r alive! sighz.... dun care wanna try again... this time maybe try yamato or malayan shrimps hehe cheaper

ur bee shrimps dieing could be ur PH is too high, correct me if i'm wrong!
    i prefer cherry shrimps.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:ff5739299f="miracle"]i did a 100% water change, and wash up my filter wools oso![/quote:ff5739299f]
    u shldn't have done a 100%, better would be 50% across a couple of days.. as fer the filter wool, wat u washed it with? tap water? if yes, tt's as good as starting all over again... no shrimps would survive this new tank conditions....
    William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:2681d9d582="dkk08"]after less den 3hrs I'm left with only 4 bee shrimps! sighz.... but funny thing is I put in some preg ghost shrimps and they're all still alive and kicking![/quote:2681d9d582]
    among the diff type of shrimps... bee can be ranked as the most sensitive... u can have a whole tank of yamatoes, cherries and even tigers striving... but the bees are dying one by one...
    William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

i changed new wools for the filter. i changed 100% water, coz i tot the chemical might be settle down on the bottom of tank. now i'm still observing the tank. what other measure can i take?!?! pls advise me, thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:027b233931="miracle"]i changed new wools for the filter. i changed 100% water, coz i tot the chemical might be settle down on the bottom of tank. now i'm still observing the tank. what other measure can i take?!?! pls advise me, thanks![/quote:027b233931]
    since what u done is non-reversible... the only thing to do now is to wait for the cycling to complete, which will take up to 2 wks... do not add in anymore fishes or shrimps... except some hardy ones to speed up the cycling...
    William

'History'
    My New 4ft Setups
    My Gems Tank Project

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:bd45a93f6f="wf7850"][quote:bd45a93f6f="dkk08"]after less den 3hrs I'm left with only 4 bee shrimps! sighz.... but funny thing is I put in some preg ghost shrimps and they're all still alive and kicking![/quote:bd45a93f6f]
    among the diff type of shrimps... bee can be ranked as the most sensitive... u can have a whole tank of yamatoes, cherries and even tigers striving... but the bees are dying one by one... [/quote:bd45a93f6f]

ok noted... guess I'll have to try cherries and yamatoes den

Feedback Score
    hope things will work out soon.. can take this as a learning process... good luck..
    Keen to volunteer yourself and your dog for the Animal Assisted Therapy program?
    Read here for more information

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    New plants that just arrived at the shop must be rinsed and soak with water and treated with conditioners. I treat all new plants with a water conditioner bath to remove heavy metals. In Malaysia, Agriculture/Vet Dept requires plants to soaked in 10ppm Copper Sulphate Solution for 15 mins before they issue Phytocert for export.

This regulation needs reviewing as many plants do suffer as a result. Your shrimps will definately die if copper sulphate traces finds it's way into the tank.

sorry guys, back to the topic again! i find that hair algae appearing, so i dropped in couple yamatoes to do the job. but turn out i actually have casualties again! erm.....what's wrong again?!?! the rest of the yamatoes seems avoiding to rest on the bottom tank, what shld i do?!

do your think if i switched to adding in more otos, and SAE, will that does the job as well?!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmm my shrimps r fine now... added some new tigers, cherries, red nose and yamatos but the water and tank sides looks greenish... am I having some sorta algae attack too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast