Country
    Singapore

1.5FT / 45cm divider tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Where can i buy 1.5FT / 45cm fish tank with center divider? Plan to do shrimp / clayfish tank.

I am noob in DIY, so dont ask me to do so lolz.

2ftrevamp.jpg

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 1.5FT / 45cm divider tank

Its rare to find ready made tanks with dividers included... most people have to custom make them or just DIY the partitions (you can get suitable plastic sheet/mesh dividers from places like Seaview, just trim them to fit the specific tank dimensions).
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh.. i got a quotation of 300 bucks !! Not worth the money. I think DIY like you say more practical. Any link to see how to step by step? Haha.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

where you get the quotation from? I last time did my marine tank and sump from Atlantic glass industry very cheap only, think it shuld not cost much to add one divider in between

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Oh.. i got a quotation of 300 bucks !! Not worth the money. I think DIY like you say more practical. Any link to see how to step by step? Haha.
    Wow, thats expensive... usually it'll just cost abit more than a normal tank, since all they do is just silicone an extra piece of glass or acrylic with mesh gaps in the middle.

Anyways, you can DIY easily on your own by buying plastic dividers (i recently saw nice dividers with a weave pattern at Seaview), trim to size if necessary, then either use aquarium silicone to seal the divider into the tank or buy those suction cup divider holders to hold it in place (with this method you can shift it easily).

If you want to prevent the smaller shrimps from crossing through the remaining divider holes and gaps, then just use some mesh or sponge to cover them.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Wow, thats expensive... usually it'll just cost abit more than a normal tank, since all they do is just silicone an extra piece of glass or acrylic with mesh gaps in the middle.

Anyways, you can DIY easily on your own by buying plastic dividers (i recently saw nice dividers with a weave pattern at Seaview), trim to size if necessary, then either use aquarium silicone to seal the divider into the tank or buy those suction cup divider holders to hold it in place (with this method you can shift it easily).

If you want to prevent the smaller shrimps from crossing through the remaining divider holes and gaps, then just use some mesh or sponge to cover them.
    Suction cup divider holder.. erm.. can find at seaview? Sillicone seem like too heavy duty for me le..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Clementkai View Post
    where you get the quotation from? I last time did my marine tank and sump from Atlantic glass industry very cheap only, think it shuld not cost much to add one divider in between
    This guy doing custom tank. Cant remember where i get the contact from?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Suction cup divider holder.. erm.. can find at seaview? Sillicone seem like too heavy duty for me le..
    Yeah, you can find suction cup divider holders at most LFS, Seaview should stock them.

They look like this:

Just slot the divider into the clips and attach them to the tank glass.

Btw, this is that the plastic divider looks like (the same ones i saw at Seaview recently, they come in various sizes):

Photos from Google Images.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I also think you just divide yourself is easier and the size is catered to your needs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Suddenly Fishing Interest Arise !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Due to space constraint, i can't get too high tank. I am looking at GEX slim 450 series. I am not considering canister (Space problem) Is dophin H100 strong enough? Or just a air pump with sponge filter ?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Due to space constraint, i can't get too high tank. I am looking at GEX slim 450 series. I am not considering canister (Space problem) Is dophin H100 strong enough? Or just a air pump with sponge filter ?
    The GEX Slim 450 is less than 20 liters water volume, so a Dophin H100 hang-on filter should be suitable (maybe even the H200 model for its extra media capacity).

Sponge filter could also work, just that it takes up space inside the tank and there'll be less options for bio-media/sponges, and there'll be the constant bubbling noise.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oic.. speaking of bio media. Which brand good for shrimp. Currently using Azoo media. Dont really think that is good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oic.. speaking of bio media. Which brand good for shrimp. Currently using Azoo media. Dont really think that is good.
    Depends on your budget... i use Seachem Matrix for all my filters, works well so far and lasts for many years.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ok that is a good brand. Hmm.. maybe try.. since i am not using canister, limited media that can hold only.
    As for subsrate, i will be using some mosura product like old sea mud, BT9, gravidas, etc. Any affordable soil to recommend? SInce my 20L tank is small, no point i buy azamonia.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ok that is a good brand. Hmm.. maybe try.. since i am not using canister, limited media that can hold only.
    As for subsrate, i will be using some mosura product like old sea mud, BT9, gravidas, etc. Any affordable soil to recommend? SInce my 20L tank is small, no point i buy azamonia.
    Yeah, usually with smaller filters, people would go for higher quality bio-media which can house more beneficial bacteria in the same space... for example, if a 200ml amount of quality bio-media is able to contain the same (or more bacteria) than 1 liter of normal bio-media, then you should go for the better quality bio-media to maximize bio-filtration in the smaller filter.

If you are focusing on keeping and breeding shrimps, then just choose the soil substrates designed for shrimps, there are lots to choose from nowadays (ie. Mosura, Benibachi, BorneoWild, RAC, ANS, Up Aqua etc). You could still use ADA Amazonia aquasoil too, just that you'll need to do more frequent water changes to flush out the excess ammonia release during the initial cycling period.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Make sense, tks UA !! Is Uq aqua soil cheaper? Mosura, benaibachi and borneowild sound pretty expensive haha. As for AL30 chiller, less than 20L tank will be able to maintain 24 or 25 degree right? Will be putting my tank on the living room display area, no direct sunlight.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Make sense, tks UA !! Is Uq aqua soil cheaper? Mosura, benaibachi and borneowild sound pretty expensive haha. As for AL30 chiller, less than 20L tank will be able to maintain 24 or 25 degree right? Will be putting my tank on the living room display area, no direct sunlight.
    The Up Aqua soil is actually more expensive per liter (compared to the other shrimp soil brands)... it like S$14-S$15 for just a 2 liter pack. The other brands come in larger packs and work out to be cheaper per liter. Just do a search online to check out user feedback and reviews on the various brands.

The AL30 chiller will be suitable for a 20 liter tank, just that if you are using a hang-on filter, you'll need to install an additional powerhead in the tank to enable the chiller to work.

Btw, if you have space for a chiller, i guess you should also have space for a small canister filter too.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    The Up Aqua soil is actually more expensive per liter (compared to the other shrimp soil brands)... it like S$14-S$15 for just a 2 liter pack. The other brands come in larger packs and work out to be cheaper per liter. Just do a search online to check out user feedback and reviews on the various brands.

The AL30 chiller will be suitable for a 20 liter tank, just that if you are using a hang-on filter, you'll need to install an additional powerhead in the tank to enable the chiller to work.

Btw, if you have space for a chiller, i guess you should also have space for a small canister filter too.
    Ya.. understand your point. If I install a chiller, I need a powerhead. it will be very messy la. Any recommendation for small canister? Cheap and good type hahah.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Ya.. understand your point. If I install a chiller, I need a powerhead. it will be very messy la. Any recommendation for small canister? Cheap and good type hahah.
    For that similar tank size and volume, i've used the Shiruba XB-303, it works well and runs very silently... uses 12/16 hoses too, so you can match it easily with lily pipes. Just buy a single tap and install on the outflow hose to adjust the flow rate. There are also equivalent models from ISTA and Azoo, just shop around to check them out.

Alternatively, keep a lookout at the forum marketplace, sometimes there are 2nd hand Eheim canister filters (ie. Classic 2211 or 2213) selling at almost similar prices too.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oh.. i have one small question. I ok with Shiruba XB-303 small canister. Seem like fit into my space. I will be using AL30 mini chiller which is 9~12mm hose, how am i going to connect into shiruba canister because the hose is 12~16mm right? So i need some sort of convertor head??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast