Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Talking My "inspired by" Paludarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After reading the forum posting by gy960 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/101628...57635483892211) on setting up a 2ft Paludarium, I was inspired by his creativity and sought out to setup my "inspired by" version.

2ft x1ft x1ft.
    Instead of tree bark on three sides, I constructed mine with just the background consisting of tree bark (not sure if its cork). The intention was to be able to viewe the paludarium from 3 sides instead of just from the frony. I also constructed my central land area using the same material. Single sheet of tree bark 2ft by 2 ft.

This is motivated partly because I recently decomm my 4x2x2 freshwater planted tank and my inhabitants (some amano, some tetra, clown loaches) were in need of a new home anyway.

It took all the money I got from the sale of the individual parts of my 422 to setup this up but I thought at the end when the setup was complete that my paludarium was worth every penny.

Have a look and some comments please.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: My "inspired by" Paludarium

Nice work! Simple and clean. So was the centre "island" round piece of bark clued to the back wall or just pushed together?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by tuajia View Post
    Nice work! Simple and clean. So was the centre "island" round piece of bark clued to the back wall or just pushed together?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    the centre island part is glued to the background to make it look more natural, like a little end of swamp/ bayou where you might mind of expect to see a little alligator parched somewhere

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Where did you get the tree bark from? Does not look like cork to me. Very nice and natural looking

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

That looks like cork bark to me. Fantastic setup! I like the concept of having a middle portion.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Guppendler View Post
    Where did you get the tree bark from? Does not look like cork to me. Very nice and natural looking
    Got it from east Ocean. I had to break up the cork bark into many vertical strips first, then silicon them all together. Took awhile but i thought the effect is fantastic.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks, agree the effect is fantastic