Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

2 feet fish tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My lousy 2 feet tank with extremely questionable worksmanship suddenly sprung a rather severe leak when I haven't even used it for a month! It spilled so much water on my wooden floor! Luckily I was able to save my animals in time by transferring them to my other tank. I don't know if the same can be said for my floor. Does anyone know any vendors that supply 2 feet tanks and provide delivery as well and at a reasonable price?

(DO NOT recommend me oceanfree tanks as the poorly made tank is from oceanfree. I would encourage all users who plan to buy acrylic tanks to stay far far away from oceanfree acrylic tanks.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: 2 feet fish tank

Most Local Fish Shops have ready made 2ft tanks for cash and carry.

I would think that 2ft tanks should not have much issues with leaks considering that the pressure on the silicon and glass panels will not be that great.

Maybe you just weren't very lucky.
    Cheers,
    JJ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just buy the crystal clear fish tank. I am using OF type. Look pretty solid !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jiajuen900 View Post
    Most Local Fish Shops have ready made 2ft tanks for cash and carry.

I would think that 2ft tanks should not have much issues with leaks considering that the pressure on the silicon and glass panels will not be that great.

Maybe you just weren't very lucky.
    The problem is that silicone only adheres well to glass and does not adhere well to acrylic. Despite this, OF thought they were smart and still decided the use silicone! The whole seal at the leaking section lifted off in 1 whole complete piece!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Yeah... i always wonder why companies use silicone to build acrylic tanks (instead of using chemical bond which is way stronger and cleaner for acrylics), the acrylic panels are so thin and the silicone is just applied in thick layers with ugly plastic braces trying to hold them together, very easy to separate under pressure. Even just moving the tank with water inside is enough to pull apart the silicon joins.

You should go for glass tanks with good quality silicone workmanship, those will be much more durable.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ADA, ADA, ADA, ADA................poisoning in progress!

If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

You can go for GEX tanks or ANS tanks. Both in my opinion, are rather great and value for money!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i'm using a GEX Deskboy 450 which is 1.5ft acrylic tank, sturdy and been through 2 major re-scaping and now its a house for my small ranchu and orandas
    they have 600 which is 2 ft acrylic tank with the given dimension if you are looking for slim tanks (60x17x25.4cm) LxWxH

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It's no fun nor safe when a aquarium leak or worst, if it breaks!
    I stopped buying OceanFree and QianHu products all together, after a few product quality issues.