Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Terrarium : holland moss

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Im not sure If I can post here but I hope someone can help me, I recently purchased this terrarium from GC and Im having problems with the holland moss, it is turning brown, what is its ideal water requirement and light? I currently spray it with water with a bit of seachem flourish and receives indirect sunlight need the window.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Terrarium : holland moss

I am not an expert but I would recommend you to spray it with distill(can get from supermarket) or RO water. Tap water or water with dilute ferts may or will burn the moss. Also, take note of the temperature, although it is getting indirect sunlight, the location if too hot will also affect the growth.

Most or all moss do not really need any ferts to grow.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

It's placed in the coolest part of the house and I bring it inside my room at night when the AC is on as I've read that this type of moss likes low temperature, will spray with distilled then, thanks for the input

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I think AC temperatures are good, but since the container is open type, the air might become too dry for the moss.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mosses prefer low temperatures and humidity too. Aircon room normally only provide low tempersture but humidity may be too low. If you move it around too much the plant will also have problems adapting and settling. Give Light,humidity and just slightly cooler room tempersture it should grow well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk