Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling fan with stryofoam board tank insulation?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Cooling fan with stryofoam board tank insulation?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

i am using thick styrofoam to keep the tank away from the wall heat In the afternoon. + DIY fan on 9v. + air pump with sandal wood on low. Able to achieve 25.2. Room temperature is around 29.8-30.4.

On cooling and overcast weather can go as low as 24.6.
    I am shocked too. You can try adding an air stone to see if it helps in coolong further down.
    Recent studies shows that putting recent studies in your statement have a higher percentage of trust people put into your recent studies. What?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by johnchor View Post
    How does this work?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Naraki View Post
    i am using thick styrofoam to keep the tank away from the wall heat In the afternoon. + DIY fan on 9v. + air pump with sandal wood on low. Able to achieve 25.2. Room temperature is around 29.8-30.4.

On cooling and overcast weather can go as low as 24.6.
    I am shocked too. You can try adding an air stone to see if it helps in coolong further down.
    Hmm, maybe can direct cool air into the air pump to get lower water temperature. Or place the air pump near the opening of the refrigerator. Adding ice into a styrofoam box and run the air pump from that box to pump cool air into the tank.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bros i did some tests monitoring for a few days already. I insulated my 1.5ft tank 10gallon tank with styrofoam board and aluminium foil. I am using ans 3000 fan. It still only cool down to max 26c. Cant go lower down anymore.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Btw bros did u guys get condensation when temp drops below 25c?i tested with tem chiller too once reach below 25c condensation happens and tank is fogged.
    Yeah, its a common issue locally and depends alot on the ambient room temperature... unless the room is also cool, when the tank water temperature hits below 25ºC, there will usually be condensation forming on the glass.

No choice, we live in a hot and humid climate.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi urban bro thanks for kind advice. I still hope to be able to get 25c using a fan. Need to google more... hahhaa...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Btw i am keeping anubias now those very big leaf types on a big driftwood.It gets some indirect sunlight during the day. I also have a 0.6watt white led on for the whole day. And only off at night. Not sure will the anubias will die anot? How about those big java ferns and java moss? Are they super low light plant? Tks bros

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Btw i am keeping anubias now those very big leaf types on a big driftwood.It gets some indirect sunlight during the day. I also have a 0.6watt white led on for the whole day. And only off at night. Not sure will the anubias will die anot? How about those big java ferns and java moss? Are they super low light plant? Tks bros
    Should be okay, they may not grow fast but unlikely they'll die. Those plants can tolerate low light conditions. Good thing is algae also grow slower too.

I had anubias and java moss growing in my office desk nano tank for almost a year without any aquarium lights, the only illumination was from the office ceiling lights. The tank itself was so dim i had to use my phone's flashlight to shine inside just to see the plants, yet the anubias and moss still survived, though they didn't grow much either.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bro urban tks man looks like i will get some java moss as foreground plants. Is java moss also call singapore moss? When i google its seems like java moss is something else. Hahha confused.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bro urban tks man looks like i will get some java moss as foreground plants. Is java moss also call singapore moss? When i google its seems like java moss is something else. Hahha confused.
    They are different moss species... these mosses can indeed be quite confusing to ID (the photos online also tend to mix them up), since they can have different growth patterns in different conditions. But generally java moss fronds tend to have a more random irregular look, while singapore moss grows with neater triangular fronds.

Some info at aquamoss.net to help with your moss ID:

http://aquamoss.net/Java-Moss/Java-Moss.htm

http://aquamoss.net/Singapore-Moss/Singapore-Moss.htm
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Guys, mind the sms lingo please! Thanks!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bros i checked temperature again today it finally go down below 26c about 25.5c using only ans3000 fan. Hahaha quite satisfied. I am looking to setup another 1.5ft tank was wondering if dymax windy7 fan is good enough? I still prefer a dc fan with low wattage. Ans3000 is a solid fan but it is ac and 21watts!!! Thank you bros

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bros has anyone see boyu fs120a cooling fan? This is a dc version not the common fs120 ac version. Tks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi bro out of my itchiness i bought a dymax w7 fan today. It is a neat little fan. Very slient. Unfortunately it wasnt powerful enuff temp is 27c only... i still cant find boyu fs120a dc fan will revert back to ans3000 fan... lolz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12