Country
    Japan

One way valve

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey guys,

Just bought a one way valve yesterday...but the thing is...i have no idea how to use it..lol...i just thought it'd be cool to have one since i'm always dabbling here and there anyway and was sure it'd come in useful one of these days...so now its in my useful aquarium stuff box...

Where do you attach it?? i would presume its on the co2 canister but where? like can i put it between the bubble counter and the internal reactor? is that right?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

one way valve

One way air valve allows air to travel in one direction only, this prevents the air line from becoming a siphon line when the air pump stops. The risk of air line becoming a siphon line is that water gets into electrical parts and can cause electrocution.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: One way valve

[quote:3dc82cc9a9="ranmasatome"]Hey guys,

Just bought a one way valve yesterday...but the thing is...i have no idea how to use it..lol...i just thought it'd be cool to have one since i'm always dabbling here and there anyway and was sure it'd come in useful one of these days...so now its in my useful aquarium stuff box...

Where do you attach it?? i would presume its on the co2 canister but where? like can i put it between the bubble counter and the internal reactor? is that right?

Thanks[/quote:3dc82cc9a9]

its really up to u.. you can attach it after the regulator toward the bubble counter, u can attach it after the bubble counter or both . I assume there is reasons for different positions..for me, I simply use 2, because my counter somehow got a backflow prob, so I add another valve to prevent water from getting into the regulator

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Simon....regarding the backflow problem.......

i'm noticing that the water i'm putting into the counter is disappearing at an unusual rate!! Could it be possible that its going back into the co2 tank?? or is it going into the fish tank?? how to test?

i would presume that the high pressure coming from the co2 tank would prevent water from going back into it..since there is a constant amount of co2 ALWAYS exiting ...water should not be able to go into the co2 tank.

How to prevent this?? either be it going back to co2 tank or fish tank..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:2f07f3113e="ranmasatome"]Simon....regarding the backflow problem.......

i'm noticing that the water i'm putting into the counter is disappearing at an unusual rate!! Could it be possible that its going back into the co2 tank?? or is it going into the fish tank?? how to test?

i would presume that the high pressure coming from the co2 tank would prevent water from going back into it..since there is a constant amount of co2 ALWAYS exiting ...water should not be able to go into the co2 tank.

How to prevent this?? either be it going back to co2 tank or fish tank..[/quote:2f07f3113e]

most likely cause by evaporation, check your tubing to see if there is water in them

Feedback Score

Re: one way valve

[quote:54b9c9dea7="gks"]One way air valve allows air to travel in one direction only, this prevents the air line from becoming a siphon line when the air pump stops. The risk of air line becoming a siphon line is that water gets into electrical parts and can cause electrocution.[/quote:54b9c9dea7]

yup.. i almost had a disaster one night as my diy co2 bottle was below the tube outlet into the tank... water started siphoning out and back into the co2 bottle... i was lucky i took a look at the tank before bed and realised this was happening (floor was wet!).... need to get one of those one way thingies....