Country
    Singapore

Re: Dwarf Clayfish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by HBK16 View Post
    It's mildly aggressive just like CPOs at the moment, but so far the shrimps are lightning fast to get out of their way. I'm just worried when they get bigger, they might mess with my plants especially my easily fractured mini pelias.
    HBK, ytd i went to Y618 again. This time the baby lobster sold out, but i saw another tank with big blue adult. Maybe your is really not CPO. My guess only haha.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I think so too based on their coloration. It's too uniformly blue. The C328 blue cpos had some brownish streaks amongst their blue spots.

For the Y618 variant, the blues are constant while one of them has got purplish streaks somemore . Still trying to figure out how to capture the purple on camera. Strange that the normal blue appears blue on camera but not the purple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wooty100 View Post
    Really look like cpo.
    Wooty! long time no see man. You the same wooty in the close FB group that fed organic broccoli to your shrimps right?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Lol! Hi hbk16 u are? Add me in fb lol

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I guess the only way to know if the blue ones are CPO would just be to wait until they grow larger. If they stay at 5cm size, then you've got the smaller CPO type species... if they continue growing larger, then you've got one of the bigger crayfish species.

Btw, i was at GC clementi branch recently and noticed that they sell blue CPO (the tank label specifically mentioned that they will only grow to 5cm size), the ones i saw seem to vary in color hue between light blue, dark blue and also dark purple.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

might be procambarus alleni too.
    Be who you wanna be, not what others want to see. <3 Crayfish

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

That's interesting, might have to find time to go check out the blue cpos at GC Clementi then. Anyway this time I can show the difference between the 2 blues. Deep bluish purple on the right.

Closeup

Found out that I had to move my planted lights backwards to get more saturation on the colour of this guy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My new dwarf blues. They're extremely shy. Finally managed to get a shot of them late at night. I didn't recall them being these dark colored when I bought them from GC Clementi though. Must have molted or maybe it's my camera

Closeup

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi hbk16,
    Are you keeping your CPOs with shrimps? How big is your tank? Do they fight?
    I am also thinking of adding shrimps to my CPOs tank. Hee.. trying to find friendly tank mates.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi atwin, yes, I'm keeping those 2 blue cpo dwarf crayfish in 2ft medium planted community tank with shrimps, 2 zebra otos, some boraras brigatae and 2 indostomus paradoxus.

To be honest, they aren't shrimp friendly nor fish friendly. If given the chance, they will snap at my shrimps/ fishes but the shrimps usually have fast reflexes if this does happen and my shrimps/ shrimplets have enough plants to hide/ forage amongst so no visible casualties so far. However I can't say the same if the shrimp/fish is old/ weak etc.

In my opinion, the only shrimp friendly tank mates are common Otocinclus. Even then, my opinion is starting to waver as I just visited a hardcore shrimp breeder a few days back at his flat and I didn't even see Otos nor snails in his tanks.

So it depends what you want to keep.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Power la bro ! Nice Blue CPO ! How much you get it from GC?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for the information hbk16.
    Yeah i do noticed they tried to grab my tetras and corys as and when possible. Perhaps i will consider about it before adding shrimps. Maybe i will add malayan shrimps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

CPO are opportunist. They will try to eat whatever they caught. I don't think they can catch tetra as it really swim fast. Last time, my CPO can co exist with cherry shrimps and even malayan.
    They still dine together.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

True. They will even climb the plants and trying to grab anything within their range.
    Sadly.. i can't my 2 cpos when i returned to my office. I only can find 1 molted shell. The horror was my tank was covered with algae as i was away for 2 weeks and my colleague had forgotten to switch off my light!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by atwin View Post
    True. They will even climb the plants and trying to grab anything within their range.
    Sadly.. i can't my 2 cpos when i returned to my office. I only can find 1 molted shell. The horror was my tank was covered with algae as i was away for 2 weeks and my colleague had forgotten to switch off my light!
    Oh mine, you should buy a timer plug cheap cheap analog only cost 8 bucks. That is what i do in my office tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup. I think i should. I was busying scrapping off the algae off the walls. I did a head count and couldn't find 2 corys and 2 cpos.. really no idea where are they. I do have 3 golden aglae eaters but they doesn't seem to eat the algae...
    Likely i will be dropping by a LFS soon to get nerite snails/ottos/sae..
    It was such a heart breaking sight especially when i couldn't find my cpos.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Golden? Is it chinese algae eater? If yes, that is the worst community fish, it will attack other fish until it die. What kind of algae you facing? GSA? Yup those 3 type of algae eater is quite efficient, however i feel that SAE is not that efficient. SAE prefer fish food that algae. Although some say SAE is the only fish that eat black blush algae.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Dscheng View Post
    Power la bro ! Nice Blue CPO ! How much you get it from GC?
    $6 per pc. Why you want me to give away to you arh? Lai, Your PRL for these 2.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by atwin View Post
    Didn't switch off lights for 2 weeks?!? Oh my god. Got picture of the tank?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi dscheng, this is one of the 3 algae eaters. I have gotten them from Seaview and it only labelled as algae eater. So far they have been good and seldom chase other fishes.
    I have also attached a picture of the current state of my tank. It was so hairy on the driftwoods in the centre piece. What is the type of algae and which algae eater would be good?

Hi hbk16, I have no idea how long has the light been switched on and it was in a terrible state when i returned to my desk this morning. I just couldn't find the 2 CPOs who were the initial inhabitants.

Any advise what should I do now? I have scrubbed off the algae on the wall.

IMG_20150618_162723.jpg1.jpg

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast