Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

dwarf hairgrass

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, i am really confused. I normally get my hairgrass supply from Teo, LCK. Value for money.

The height of this hairgrass when fully grown with intensive light and co2 blasting is about 3 - 4 inches tall. That is when they become really messy and untidy.

I read with keen interest when forumers talked about "dwarf" hair grass. May i know are they the same as the one we got from Teo's farm (not the really tall type with split ends) or are there any species that is really "dwarf"?

Anyone have this "dwarf" hairgrass please let me know their maximum height and which LFS can i see them. I intend to change to "dwarf" hairgrass if there is one. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: dwarf hairgrass

[quote:1ae292d9b3="kelloggs"]Hi all, i am really confused. I normally get my hairgrass supply from Teo, LCK. Value for money.

The height of this hairgrass when fully grown with intensive light and co2 blasting is about 3 - 4 inches tall. That is when they become really messy and untidy.

I read with keen interest when forumers talked about "dwarf" hair grass. May i know are they the same as the one we got from Teo's farm (not the really tall type with split ends) or are there any species that is really "dwarf"?

Anyone have this "dwarf" hairgrass please let me know their maximum height and which LFS can i see them. I intend to change to "dwarf" hairgrass if there is one. Thanks[/quote:1ae292d9b3]

kellogs, look at Tropica, dennerle or other site with a plant database for your answer. growth plants of the same species, usually varies in different tanks (but only slightly), According to AQ's database, your HG is of acceptible height (LINK

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I believe there is such plant commonly known as dwarf hairgrass. Reason being I have seen the 2 seemingly different varieties in my tank.
    The longer ones seems to be from Teo. I bought my batches of 'dwarf hairgrass' from FuWo.

Now don't believe what I say blindly. If possible buy one pot from FuWo and plant it right next to your "Teo's hairgrass" and let us know your findings.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I remember planting some HG from teo in one of Eco's tank.. and it stayed relatively short, not 3-4inches defintely. I believe its the condition of the tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

hairgrass

Thanks simon and nicky, for the kick of it, i will get a pot from FuWo to see the difference.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:28ceb67b45="Simon"]I remember planting some HG from teo in one of Eco's tank.. and it stayed relatively short, not 3-4inches defintely. I believe its the condition of the tank[/quote:28ceb67b45]

I also experience this. I got the same batch of HG, divide into 2 portions. Those planted in the air-con office tank grew short at about 1"~2". Those planted at home grew 4"~5". So maybe temperature or tank condition affects their growth.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks