Country
    Singapore

Smile Chris here saying hello!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

I've been reading alot of interesting topics and tips for having my own aquarium and Im gonna do just that starting tonight!

My current set-ups are old and am not sure of the brands/model and the tank I have (75cm x 30cm x 30cm - i think) belongs to my mom. Unfortunately, all 15 of her small fishes died yesterday after tank cleaning. After reading on beginners 101, I now know why all of them died! Very sad news indeed as she thought she could clean it for the fishes before she flies off to Japan this morning.

So now Im on a mission to revamp and re-create a new set for her by the time she returns; I have about 10 days! This will be ala Extreme Makeover and I hope to surprise her when she returns. Hence, I hope to receive some help and tips from the community to speed up my knowledge on what to and not to do. First off, I have few questions below which would help greatly!

1) Read somewhere battery operated air pumps are good. But do they really last? Or should I just forget that and go the classic way which is from the plug?
    2) Need recommendations on water filter. My tank is considered small? So not sure what filters are insufficient or overkill.
    3) What kind of fish would be nice to house together in terms of being colorful (my knowledge is only of anglefish - im a noob!)
    4) Lights. LED?

I know I could get these infos answered at few LFS but I assume the community would know more and prefer not to have someone else like me make the same mistake the first time around.

Thanks for reading!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Chris here saying hello!

Welcome to AQ Chris.iz!

Your intent seems genuinely with good intention. However, rushing into a hobby with limited knowledge may result in a bad outcome. I would suggest that you read up on the various forum and find out what type of setup you would want to have or create. Please take your time with this hobby, patience is important. Rushing in is never a good thing as you might overspend on purchasing unnecessary things.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.