Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: My First Aquascaping

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Up Aqua which I'm currently use for at least 5 years is same price.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Up Aqua which I'm currently use for at least 5 years is same price.
    Bro can give me the exact model and where to get that. Urgently needed I'm leaving tomorrow morning overseas. I need to make sure all is setup properly this night. Its a 2 weeks trip.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Sorry, the model number was not printed on the device.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Thatasky View Post
    I need to make sure all is setup properly this night. Its a 2 weeks trip.
    Just a caution, if you are leaving tomorrow for a 2 week overseas trip... then better not install a new Co2 tank and regulator system until you are back from the trip.

Ideally you should be present to monitor the system for at least the first few days and make sure its working properly. There is usually a higher chance of something happening durng the inital setup period (ie. faulty regulator, leaky seals, loose connections etc)... unless you have someone at home who can check and troubleshoot any issues that pop up.

This is from personal experience.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Update for my HW. I just added a pressurized CO2 and finish setting up before my flight later 8:50 PM going to do a water change for both of my aquarium. Crossing finger after 2 weeks everything is in order.

Co21.jpgCo22.jpgSetup.jpg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I'll be posting some pictures of my tank after two weeks. See you guys in two weeks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Not sure if i see correctly in the photo, but the inflow hose on the smaller ecco pro filter seems to be twisted/kinked, maybe look at untwisting it to avoid inflow restriction.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

you are quite daring.. monitor your tank well during these few hours..
    enjoy your trip!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

sometimes the bps might run off

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I am probably wrong but is that a solenoid or do i see a manual regulator? Wah if leave manual regulator on for 2weeks.... GG....
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

should be single stage regulator because the pressure gauge show 30psi and max only 200psi
    Last edited by Shadow; 6th Mar 2015 at 09:45.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

that is a soleniod.... can see his earlier post..

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipians View Post
    I am probably wrong but is that a solenoid or do i see a manual regulator? Wah if leave manual regulator on for 2weeks.... GG....
    Update for my HW. I just added a pressurized CO2 and finish setting up before my flight later 8:50 PM going to do a water change for both of my aquarium. Crossing finger after 2 weeks everything is in order.

Co21.jpgCo22.jpgSetup.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Arr... so i was wrong. Havent seen single stage solenoid regulator before that is why. Hope everything turns out well
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipians View Post
    Arr... so i was wrong. Havent seen single stage solenoid regulator before that is why. Hope everything turns out well
    I didn't sleep at that night before my flight. I did a 10x testing to make sure the solenoid work accordingly and observe the BPS at out of 10 x test interval 30 minutes. The BPS are stable. Solenoid working accordingly. When power on its open and off its closed.

So far after 3 days, my wife haven't text me or message me of anything misshapen. At first my wife said a shrimp died, but i remember this last few days having them most of them doing moulting.

Crossing finger my wife remember the feeding instruction. Hikari Algae for Shrimp, Pellets for Cardinal and big pellets for the parrot on the bottom aquarium. Praying also not over feeding to the water hold for 2 weeks. Advise here to feed them every 3 days.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limz_777 View Post
    Bro that's why i run an air stone at night automatically. I read and hoping its true.

Light Turn on from 1:00PM to 8:00 PM
    My CO2 run from 12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
    Air Stone turn on from 8:30 Pm to 11:00 AM

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Guys need some advised (again). I got a snail infestation as describe by my wife. She saying she's counting about twelve on the glass and i believe there's a lot more lurking and hiding. I don't want to use chemical. And i can't use Yoyo loaches or clown. i got yamato and cherry shrimp and i think it will it them. Puffer fish cannot also because of the Cardinal.

Any advised is greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Guys need some advised (again). I got a snail infestation as describe by my wife. She saying she's counting about twelve on the glass and i believe there's a lot more lurking and hiding. I don't want to use chemical. And i can't use Yoyo loaches or clown. i got yamato and cherry shrimp and i think it will it them. Puffer fish cannot also because of the Cardinal.

Any advised is greatly appreciated.
    Without using anti-snail chemical treatments or snail eating fishes/assasin snails... the only other ways to manage pest snail populations are to reduce feeding, and constantly removing or crushing as many as you can find manually.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Without using anti-snail chemical treatments or snail eating fishes/assasin snails... the only other ways to manage pest snail populations are to reduce feeding, and constantly removing or crushing as many as you can find manually.
    But i read that this snail can produce by itself. If this is true then as long there a single snail it can repopulate itself. For fish, what can be recommended with less impact on my habitat.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

But i read that this snail can produce by itself. If this is true then as long there a single snail it can repopulate itself. For fish, what can be recommended with less impact on my habitat.
    Yeah, thats why i mentioned only "managing" the snail population, its almost impossible to fully eliminate them though manual removal (at most it just slows down the population growth for a short while, then they return again), since for every snail you see, there are probably another dozen more lurking amongst the plants and laying more eggs.

For your tank size, i guess dwarf puffers or assassin snails could help to a certain extent (along with manual removal), at least they stay small... other snail eating loaches will eventually grow large and mess up the plants. Only thing with snail eating fishes is that there is a high chance they will also eat the shrimps too.

I also had issues with snails in my previous tanks, and its impossible to get rid of them... the only way i could eliminate them totally was to nuke the tank with snail killing chemical treatments, but that also kills the shrimps too.

Nowadays i quarantine all my new plants and heavily dose anti-snail treatments (currently using ISTA snail remover) to ensure no snails or their eggs hitchhike in. So far it seems to work well.
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

There are also snail traps sold by gex. Nan yang has it. Does it work I dunno. I also have small snails they will climb upwards. Frequent water change also will reduce their population I noticed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast