Country
    Singapore

Re: Nitrite Level

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    It depends on the ammmonia source and how established the beneficial bacteria colonies are... no fixed timing as every setup is different, just have to monitor the livestock and wait.
    I just tested my ammonia source and I still have 0.5ppm which is driving me crazy at it's at least a month plus.......

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by KevenBrendanLee View Post
    I just tested my ammonia source and I still have 0.5ppm which is driving me crazy at it's at least a month plus.......
    Once your tank's beneficial bacteria population grows large enough to handle the ammonia levels, then you'll see it decrease and eventually become zero. It usually take weeks, sometimes months for a tank to achieve a stable cycle, so just have to wait.

In the meantime, just monitor the livestock and if they seem okay, then it means the ammonia levels are still low enough for them to tolerate it. If they start showing signs of distress or odd behavior or deaths, then do water changes to further reduce the ammonia levels.
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Once your tank's beneficial bacteria population grows large enough to handle the ammonia levels, then you'll see it decrease and eventually become zero. It usually take weeks, sometimes months for a tank to achieve a stable cycle, so just have to wait.

In the meantime, just monitor the livestock and if they seem okay, then it means the ammonia levels are still low enough for them to tolerate it. If they start showing signs of distress or odd behavior or deaths, then do water changes to further reduce the ammonia levels.
    I've only had 1 death recently, rather weird death as its eye had disappeared 0-0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12