Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hairgrass

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi there i was just very interested in hairgrass. How come the one i bought is so stiff and dark when i see the pics available here, they are flimsy and green? Any reason? i used to keep them but they eventually rotted away.... any one care to explain?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hairgrass

[quote:6f33c43c04="Phillipians"]Hi there i was just very interested in hairgrass. How come the one i bought is so stiff and dark when i see the pics available here, they are flimsy and green? Any reason? i used to keep them but they eventually rotted away.... any one care to explain?[/quote:6f33c43c04]

the reason why they look so different, is because you prolly got them in their emersed form, ince they convert, they will look the same

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i see but how long will they take to convert to submerged form?
    Hmmm and also the other time i waited 2 + weeks still rotting away? What are the requirements for hairgrass?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    When you first plant them, you have to trim them to a height of 4cm.

After that, leave them alone for a few days to take root, and then you can start dosing ferts. The regular light levels, C02 levels and nutrient levels apply.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re:

[quote:d028ca2cf2="Phillipians"]i see but how long will they take to convert to submerged form?
    Hmmm and also the other time i waited 2 + weeks still rotting away? What are the requirements for hairgrass?[/quote:d028ca2cf2]

ok, like |squee| mentioned, you have to trim the hairgrass, not only does it promote them to propagate faster, it will help u when they start converting from emersed to submersed. For requirement, search thru the AQ plant database. Conversion period varies from tank to tank, if you have the right requirements, you just need patience to see them grow. Another suggestion is plant more closely together will help produce a lush foreground faster

happy planting :P