2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Anyone keep Stiphodon?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I came across these genus of fishes for sale at Green chapter before. It look pretty nice and interesting looking. Anyone have it in their tank? Care to share any requirements or habitants you guys put them with?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Anyone keep Stiphodon?

I kept them in my planted tank with rocks previously, before all leaping to their deaths in my uncovered tank... The males tend to bury themselves in sands, I didn't really measure the parameter but they did pretty well in both of my planted tank, I kept the neon blue with shrimps for awhile before moving them to my 2ft and they leaped to their death...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    I kept them in my planted tank with rocks previously, before all leaping to their deaths in my uncovered tank... The males tend to bury themselves in sands, I didn't really measure the parameter but they did pretty well in both of my planted tank, I kept the neon blue with shrimps for awhile before moving them to my 2ft and they leaped to their death...
    They certainly doesn't look like a leaping kind of fishes.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

If you intend to keep these gobies, take note that they are more or less grazers that feed off the biofilm on algae etc. You must have a mature tank with decent water flow and good oxygenation. They prefer lower temperatures. You can augment their diet with frozen bloodworm etc, but they will not take flake or tablets most of the time. This is based on my personal experience. The males are fairly territorial in behavior so make sure there's enough hiding places.

These are not typically escape artistes unless stressed. Under optimal conditions they will thrive for years in an established tank. You can refer to this link for more info:
    http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species...nopterygionus/
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.