Country
    Singapore

Re: Water Dispenser Nano Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuan Yee View Post
    Hi the reason why the fire red shrimps are degrading is due to the way genes transfer. You started out with a "pure" breed(Fire Red) but its offspring is not 100% "pure" Breeds. These offspring of a lower grade will then breed with the "pure" breeds to produce non pure breeds. The offspring will also breed together forming a even lower grade of Fire Red shrimps as the probability of them becoming a "pure" breed is very low. Only way to counter this problem is every time it breeds. you should take out those which are of a lower grade to another tank. This will allow you to have more "Pure" breed shrimps as you do not have as much genetic contamination. From what i have read CRS will not breed with Fire Reds haha, unless there are miracles.

How is your Xmas moss growing? mine isnt doing well at 29-30degrees. my tank is very small compared to your's i dont intend to introduce CRS are they are alot more sensitive creatures.
    Yup. Thanks for solving some breeding queries. TBH i started the hobby a little over 4mths and recently welcome shrimplets from shrimps that i bought that come with eggs. I not sure if i have eggs bred in my current tank but i think there are.

CRS will not interbred with Neos thats for sure. What i meant is that, i would like to experiment the water conditions with say 10 CRS with 100 Neos and see if the 10 CRS will breed among themselves. LOL if this clears anything.

I tie my xmas moss on cholla wood strip and from the looks of it, it seemed to be growing slowly but definitely has grown thicker. I do not use CO2 and i just use a simple LED light for the tank. Overall, my grass are growing and in fact it has overgrown like weeds but there is just so little things i can do with a small area of a 10L tank so i just leave it as it is. I have 5 mini moss balls and a problem with hair aglae

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wooty100 View Post
    Yup. Thanks for solving some breeding queries. TBH i started the hobby a little over 4mths and recently welcome shrimplets from shrimps that i bought that come with eggs. I not sure if i have eggs bred in my current tank but i think there are.

CRS will not interbred with Neos thats for sure. What i meant is that, i would like to experiment the water conditions with say 10 CRS with 100 Neos and see if the 10 CRS will breed among themselves. LOL if this clears anything.

I tie my xmas moss on cholla wood strip and from the looks of it, it seemed to be growing slowly but definitely has grown thicker. I do not use CO2 and i just use a simple LED light for the tank. Overall, my grass are growing and in fact it has overgrown like weeds but there is just so little things i can do with a small area of a 10L tank so i just leave it as it is. I have 5 mini moss balls and a problem with hair aglae
    the CRS will most prolly breed among themselves haha
    There seems to be alot of problems with those mini moss balls, some algae boom thing that i had read. I'm also relatively new in this hobby too! my first shrimp tank seems to be doing well. Had one casualty yesterday but the dead body was quickly nibbled up by the living shrimps in the end.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Update 1/4
    Seems like i only can spot 3 active shrimps in my tanks out of the initial 8 shrimps. I know that 2 died in the past 2 day but its body was quickly nibbled up. i think was due to the recent water change. Apparently the water filter that my house have does not remove chlorine completely i think.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Did u dechlorinate ur water? Filter i don't think is the for dechlorination

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by wooty100 View Post
    Did u dechlorinate ur water? Filter i don't think is the for dechlorination
    I didn't dechlorine the water because I thought the Panasonic water filter at my house was doing the job for me. Anyway I've got some dechlorinator already. I'm overseas now for a week. Just hope they are doing well back at home.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Update 17/4
    Brought 5morr sakura shrimps a week ago for the tank. 2died on the 2nd day and now died just after being caught by the loose mesh while trying to molt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12